Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and well gals :laughing:)

I just came over here from electricantalk and contractortalk.com. I'm a general engineering contractor with the electrical and mechanical endorsement. I mainly do fire protection sprinklers, dry chemical systems and fire alarms.

Ocassionally I'll get a few service calls where a good customer is in a pinch or just simply trusts my work to compel me to do service work so here I am.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi slowforthcones

This forum is for plumbers only, are you a licensed plumber, if not, I ask that you don't post to this site.

Thanks Ron

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Ron, you guys seem like a uptight bunch. Just to be extra clear with you I hold the endorsement/classification in California for C-10, C-16, C-36, C-20. I design/install fire sprinklers, standpipes, dry chemical supression systems, fire alarms, fire rated enclosures systems.

Does that answer your question about my plumbing abilities?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
lol...that's like 32 years of experience to obtain all those licenses, 16 of which are in apprenticeship. Dude, I could get you a job controlling the universe with that resume.

I call bullshit.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Wow Ron, you guys seem like a uptight bunch. Just to be extra clear with you I hold the endorsement/classification in California for C-10, C-16, C-36, C-20. I design/install fire sprinklers, standpipes, dry chemical supression systems, fire alarms, fire rated enclosures systems.

Does that answer your question about my plumbing abilities?
Nothing in your profile says you're a plumber, just keeping with the rules on here, sorry you have such a problem with me asking if you're a plumber, just doing my job. I know fire suppression installers that are not plumbers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problem with you guys asking, its your site..your the mod. I am trying to answer your question. Do i consider myself a plumber? yes since I did get that classification with my license years ago.

So you are saying fire sprinklers is not considered quasi plumbing? I did a search on the board here and it appears some plumbers here install fire sprinklers and etc.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
may be, but thier main trade is a licensed plumber or someone who works for a licensed plumber. We have all kinds here, just like myself, i am a licensed building contractor, and a licensed plumber.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Slowforthcones, WELCOME to the board! You are welcome here, you are a licensed plumber. The C36 California plumbing license is enough, all the rest is just icing on the cake. You're more than qualified to be here, more than most here, again welcome!
I have been holding my breath on this for a while but I'm going to say it now. If this site is for LICENSED PLUMBERS ONLY then make it across the board. If you don't hold an actual plumbers license IN YOUR NAME, then you're out of here. Wholesalers, drain cleaners without a license, office staff, all of it, goodbye! I don't think it's fair to have it both ways. I also don't like what happened at the top of this thread, it sucks. The man holds more licenses then most anyone here and was treated like dirt, sad.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
He does indeed hold a pile O licenses but is not a plumber. I think we need to hold fast to the rules. Once we open that door it will be impossible to get all the shills out. Fire supression is not plumbing. In most states a plumbers license is not required to pipe sprinkler systems.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Fire suppression is not plumbing, I don't do fire suppression, one can do that with a different type of licenses.

IR

I don't understand where you're coming from, I asked nicely if he was a plumber, I did not say he was not from the start, what gives? I simply wanted verification if he was. Before we knew what he was holding I asked who he was. So don't go adding to the thread without reading the whole thing.

He was not treated any other way then I have asked of others that join on here and question if there are in fact a plumber.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
He does indeed hold a pile O licenses but is not a plumber. I think we need to hold fast to the rules. Once we open that door it will be impossible to get all the shills out. Fire supression is not plumbing. In most states a plumbers license is not required to pipe sprinkler systems.
He has a plumbing license. As per the rules in the state of California you need four years of experience to be able to take the plumbing test and receive the C36 license making him a "Professional Plumber". How you can see it any different is beyond me.:whistling2:
I know a few others here that don't even come close to being a professional plumber and yet they are here, I agree with you nhmastser, we need to hold fast to the rules.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Fire suppression is not plumbing, I don't do fire suppression, one can do that with a different type of licenses.

IR

I don't understand where you're coming from, I asked nicely if he was a plumber, I did not say he was not from the start, what gives? I simply wanted verification if he was. Before we knew what he was holding I asked who he was. So don't go adding to the thread without reading the whole thing.

He was not treated any other way then I have asked of others that join on here and question if there are in fact a plumber.

This is what you said: "This forum is for plumbers only, are you a licensed plumber, if not, I ask that you don't post to this site."

Then make it happen Ron, if someone doesn't hold a Professional plumbers license they are gone. As for the poster above, he has one.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
This is what you said: "This forum is for plumbers only, are you a licensed plumber, if not, I ask that you don't post to this site."

Then make it happen Ron, if someone doesn't hold a Professional plumbers license they are gone. As for the poster above, he has one.
I know what I said, "Are you a licensed plumber" that is a straight question, so I did not put the ? mark in there, my bad there, but I never said he was not, and at that time we did not know what he was holding under his belt, it sure was not in his profile, was looking for an answer that's all, if I said you're not a plumber be gone, then you can tell me I was wrong, anyone can come on here and claim what they hold, but that don't mean they are who they say they are. I'm playing this by ear. I have nothing more to say about this.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
He has a plumbing license. As per the rules in the state of California you need four years of experience to be able to take the plumbing test and receive the C36 license making him a "Professional Plumber". How you can see it any different is beyond me.:whistling2:
I know a few others here that don't even come close to being a professional plumber and yet they are here, I agree with you nhmastser, we need to hold fast to the rules.
Well now, I suppose when you get right down to it, unless we find a way to verify a guy's license and give him a test we just kind of have to go with what he's telling us. ( That would be why Helgore and ******* are no longer around) Like Ron, I was just going by his profile which doesn't say a helluva lot. If he holds a plumbers license than I guess we have to let him in. If he's a poser we will find out soon enough. :thumbup:

Still though, I think we have to be very wary of manufacturers reps and the like that may hold a license but are only here trying to sell their products. The nice thing about this forum is that we are all pretty evenly matched and don't have to put up with the endless, mindless crap on some of the other sites. Which I suppose begs the question "why do I ever bother to visit them" Like watching a car wreck I guess ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys thanks for the site and I just signed up on here to ask a question about cock valve grease I posted. Sorry for any misunderstanding or large debate I created.

I started in 1981 as a electrician apprentice and made journeyman. Right when I made journeyman I took a bad spark and fall off a ladder. I recovered and went on to work for a plumbing and mech contractor for the next 15 years going being shuffled from the plumbing side to the mech side of their company. I went on my own after I hit the ceiling of the pay.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I will welcome you to this site slowforthecomes, I do hope to see you involved is some of the talk that goes on through out the forum.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I posted about funeral homes. Guess I'm not the only one that went thru that biohazard mess. Did a complete remodel and tear down of plumbing in a funeral home converted to assembly structure (church).

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I myself had done a search on this class of CA linsensure and yes, it does show a plumbing contractor. As long as he has this, then it should be ok, so lets play nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts