1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Nice Work :thumbup:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Thanks for posting pics. We all like too see pics. I always say I did my worst work in my own house. We built our own place in 03. NEVER AGAIN.

Took 7 months with me and momma doing everything but the concrete.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Bear with me I just figured out how to post pics. I had a buddy do the duct work, he does great a great job. Obviously, he has his own shop, makes all his own fittings, transitions, etc. I'm going to be posting more just takes me a while. I thought I might catch some grief over the pex, but my budget talked me into it. I'm about 60% done with the house, and I hope to get the insulation started next week.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Just curious. Not tryin to bag on ya but, Why not hide the drains and ductwork in the truss joists?

Nevermind. Looks like you would run out of elevation. Look like 12"

Mine are 24" truss joists. Lots of room to play.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Clear span truss! Way to go!
I hate to install them myself because if the building is out of square, its hard to figure out how much to off set them to bring the deck into square. Big PITA! But well worth it!

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Yup. Looks like 105.5" to the bottom of the trusses by my eagle eye.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious. Not tryin to bag on ya but, Why not hide the drains and ductwork in the truss joists?

Nevermind. Looks like you would run out of elevation. Look like 12"

Mine are 24" truss joists. Lots of room to play.
They're actually 14", and you're right I would'nt have been able to stay in em anyway. And they put my sleeve in lower than I wanted too:furious:. It's been that way so long now I almost forgot. I used the short trusses because of the grade of the land it kept my entry level as low as I could get at that span. Things never seem to go quite as we plan em sometimes.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I like working around those joists; make life really nice running water lines.

I don't know about the rest of you, but cutting 20" pieces and coupling a run 20' long is ridiculous, especially when I started years ago by drilling the very bottom of the joists and nail plating them.

AFAIK, none of those houses fell down, but I have seen joists crack from those holes and span a long distance, destroying the integrity of distributing load.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good, but I only see 1 strap, here, you need strapping every 4' on plastic.

I would use zip sticks, it would look real clean.

good job! Looks straight and `clean, not all bowed :thumbsup:
Good eye, that was before I went back and put the rest of my hangers in. I probably shoulda used zip sticks, but I just put in more straps. It's 4' here too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts