Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
They really aren't that hard to work on as long as you have good preplanned access panels of adequate size. Most motors will be connected with union of some sort and most jets are siliconed and tighten the nut, again access to back side jets is the PITA.

Try to remove anything from the bottom of the tub that will capture the tub when you set it in concrete. That will at least make it easier to lift up if you ever need to do repairs.[/QUOTE

Chonkie,I never had to raise a tub up after it was set in a bed of mortar,how hard is it to get them back up??i assume part of the walls would have to be trimmed back also???

·
Super Moderator
12,464 Posts
So far so good after I blew up on a GC and every trade present this one time the tub and three top mount lavs got moved, all in the same house. I'm now known as the guy to not piss off, which i kind of like.

I also make the tubs the last thing I do so hopefully most other trades are out of my way. Here's the last few I've done.

At first I laughed when I read this. But after reading your subsequent post where you say that you had to threaten to eff up the other trades stuff, I thought how sad. It is as if you can't ask nicely for people to respect your work. You have to be mean with 'em if they are to listen. That is too bad.

·
Super Moderator
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
At first I laughed when I read this. But after reading your subsequent post where you say that you had to threaten to eff up the other trades stuff, I thought how sad. It is as if you can't ask nicely for people to respect your work. You have to be mean with 'em if they are to listen. That is too bad.
My Master insists on being the first in for rough, drainage wise at least. We prefer to meet with the sparky and HVAC prior to the start of a remodel to get a game plan. We need this bay, how will effect you? Ok, we can use this bay, but we need this left open too.

We have walked into jobs where another plumber was fired and we start and have absolutely no choice but to move another trade's material. That's actually how we found our sparky. Commercial, we pulled all his wires out of our way coiled them up and zip tied his wires. He was called and showed up before we left and said "I see what you're saying now, didn't even think of that!" Great guy to work with! I hate to say it, but we send each other work all the time, but we're both so stinking busy we both hate it!

·
Super Moderator
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

And this one was my last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As in the last one you installed, or the last one you will install?

I wish I had a picture, but it wasn't anything special, but about 4 years ago I installed my first and LAST Koehler cast iron tub. Meaning I won't ever do that again.

Plumbers back in the day were real men! My grandfather was one of those plumbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's the last one I installed for now im waiting for my employer to get a new contract if I get no news in the next two weeks I'm going to apply for a new company

·
Super Moderator
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's the last one I installed for now im waiting for my employer to get a new contract if I get no news in the next two weeks I'm going to apply for a new company

In my area every trade has more work than they can handle. Good luck in finding more work. Both baths look very nice!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
HTML:

I love your name dude,polak the plumber lolololololo or is it pollock????

21 - 35 of 35 Posts