Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very first one ever. Was hoping to be a bit neater, but this was one of those jobs where every time we went in things were changed around.

Thanks killertoiletspider for your help on this!

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but notice the 3 valves are off set? Well, thats because SHE told me there was to be 4 valves.
1) Overhead shower
2) Hand held wand
3) Upper jets
4) Lower jets

So, I told her she was one short and would have to get it. I come back and the other valve was not there yet. Then HE said there was only 3!

1) Overhead shower
2) Hand held wand
3) for ALL 4 jets!

He showed me a drawing of what he wanted, it had all 3 valves lined up horizontal. He said to just place the third one above and center the other 2. Oh well, if SHE dont like it SHE can take it up with HIM!

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Looks good, the only thing I would have done differently was getting an additional control valve and splitting the body sprays to two per valve, but that is mostly because I am a picky bastard.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Only thing I would have done different is - Cool Gel or a fire blanket! :)

What size drain did you put in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Brand & GPM

Looks nice. These are frustrating, time consuming, and worrisome to me.

What brand is it and what's the GPM on the total sprays?

J.C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
pretty good, you should try to get even lengths to each body spray. tee off volume control and 90 to centre, run to height desired and tee off to each side. sorta like a capital "I" just give u more even flow. i ran a shower with a hand full of body sprays and uneven lengths and half my heads flowed strong and the farher ones were weak. pissed me off. :)

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi Juice,

I see your profile says you do anything, are you a plumber? Where you from and what code do you use? Can you give us an intro?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ron. I'm a plumber in Vancouver British columbia. we use the national canadian plumbing code and this coincides with the canada building code. I'll try to post some pics in the future of some of the custom showers I have built, some outta this world stuff. fully computerized, color changing rain heads,etc.. I look forward to talkin to everyone.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Hi Ron. I'm a plumber in Vancouver British columbia. we use the national canadian plumbing code and this coincides with the canada building code. I'll try to post some pics in the future of some of the custom showers I have built, some outta this world stuff. fully computerized, color changing rain heads,etc.. I look forward to talkin to everyone.
Get them pictures up man. I wanna see them. Sounds cool.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That sounds cool, can't wait to see them, thanks for joining and letting us know a little more about you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice job!

We are installing (2) nice custom showers with booster pumps and lots of body sprays, steam heads, fog free mirrors, surround sound, etc,etc, in the building I am working on now for one of the “stars”. I will post some pic’s when the rough is complete!

·
Banned
383 Posts
not bad bill, im was'nt a big moen fan until i used some of the showhouse mixers, and volume controls. they make a nice system. also one thing i do w/ customers is ask where they want the water from body sprays to hit them. usually its the middle of the back and the shoulders. ill measure the husband and wife and divide by 2 and w/ the range of the heads it usually works well for them. it seems wierd but every one has appreciated the detail.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I really like those Moentrol Pressure Balanced units and the Exact-Temp Thermostatic units. I believe down the road servicing them will be a lot nice than dealing with some of the Foo-Foo manufacturers I have used in the past like Harrington Brass and a few others. Parts was always a big headache.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts