Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1127.jpg

Rough day today...

It works, won't leak, and yes, silicone was involved. That was the first time I've ever done this and I didn't have a direct connect to start off the basket strainers.

Start moaning and groaning; I'm not going back because they want to put the garbage disposal back in someday...soon because I know they're going to miss it. :thumbsup:​

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I want to know why the electrical box is not mounted up in the cabinet, is it on the bottom of it, fire hazard if you ask me.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'old up. What's that tubular tee? Is that a sideways baffle tee?

That's a telescoping end outlet waste, and even though I didn't check it, I'm almost positive it would be baffled.

Nobody has mentioned what I hacked....:whistling2:

If you look real close, you'll see how dirty that dishwasher discharge line is. Every time the garbage disposal was used, it was backflowing into the dishwasher. The very reason why that new sink install had an Air Gap installed, thanks to my convincing the customer that I wasn't touching the job without one installed.

I'll post a few more pictures. It was a corian top install with built in sinks. Pretty nice.

The Price Pfister faucet they supplied me with was a POS and had problems, so I ended up putting in a delta and was done with it.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to know why the electrical box is not mounted up in the cabinet, is it on the bottom of it, fire hazard if you ask me.

I didn't want to leave the wire disconnected from the disposal "bare" so I went to a electrical supply house and picked up that box, blank, romex connector and a couple wire nuts.

Looped the ground around the screw for the blank, left the box sitting there for the customer to mount whereever they wanted to.

Normally I would mount it, but like I said, it was a bad day on this sink as there was almost 2 hours wasted dealing with that Price Pfister faucet and getting a new one.

The Air Gap looks like hell on that sink, but safety is KING.

They had little kids so that sold it even better when I showed them how damn dirty that discharge line off the dishwasher was. I've never seen one that clogged and dirty before. ????

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
That's a telescoping end outlet waste, and even though I didn't check it, I'm almost positive it would be baffled.

Nobody has mentioned what I hacked....:whistling2:

If you look real close, you'll see how dirty that dishwasher discharge line is. Every time the garbage disposal was used, it was backflowing into the dishwasher. The very reason why that new sink install had an Air Gap installed, thanks to my convincing the customer that I wasn't touching the job without one installed.

I'll post a few more pictures. It was a corian top install with built in sinks. Pretty nice.

The Price Pfister faucet they supplied me with was a POS and had problems, so I ended up putting in a delta and was done with it.
Yeah, yeah, I spoke to soon. Can't spot the hack. Bed time.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Comon man!

I used "white silicone" if that makes it any easier. :laughing:
Yea silicone on the basket strainers, you can't use putty there on that sink.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea silicone on the basket strainers, you can't use putty there on that sink.

True, I used silicone there for sure, but there's another spot that I did this as well.

Damn, I might get the hack award for "best hidden hack job" in plumbing. :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
THe dishwasher tee where it connects to the bottom of the waste tee? I have seen slip joints at that points.

Reactions: DUNBAR PLUMBING

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Am I allowed to ask what happened to the rest of the branch tailpiece?

Mark

Reactions: DUNBAR PLUMBING

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally, you two got it.

LOL!!!

As you see, I was at my tolerances on the basket strainers, I should of went shallow.

That dishwasher tee with the threaded top on it was pushing me too low, so I cut it, tried to glue it, wouldn't hold but it was really tight after the glue/cleaner trick, so I siliconed it like a bad bad man. :laughing:

Going around hunting for a direct connect tapped tailpiece at 6pm and no supply houses, grab the damn silicone cuz supper is gettin' cold and I know it's gunna hold. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
THe dishwasher tee where it connects to the bottom of the waste tee? I have seen slip joints at that points.
yeah, it looks like you only had the one style of direct dishwasher connect but didn't have the room to fit it. a little cutting and some white silicone and it almost dissapears. as far as hacks go, this one is very clean. :thumbsup: you should get a plaque or something. :thumbup:

paul

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Were the tee off the right side sink goes into the dishwasher discharge tee .,,, ? Correct ?

Cmon ,,, we can talk all the smack we want about " Doing it perfect and right every time"

Truth is ,,, if you've spent some years in this fickle-ass trade ,,,, once in a while you gotta "improvise " .

Decent job on what looks like it was being a PAIN IN THE A** !!

Customer happy ?

Cal

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
At first glance you're right, looks great but I'm not going to be shy here. Did you really just cut off the top and silicone the dishwasher tail piece into the end outlet? I doubt that will last very long with burning hot water pouring into it, it's going to leak for sure, just a matter of time on that one. Hope it's you that gets the call back and not another plumber.
I wouldn't have put the air gap on that sink, you're right it looks like crap. I would have looped it underneath.
If this was someone else that was new here he would have been tore a new butt hole for doing that with the tail piece.. Sorry.
But it does look good!:laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Just one question, was that a slip joint type of d/w branch tee you used, and if it was why could you not have installed it in the horizontal run of the end-outlet? That would have given you all the clearance you needed.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Just one question, was that a slip joint type of d/w branch tee you used, and if it was why could you not have installed it in the horizontal run of the end-outlet? That would have given you all the clearance you needed.
Not with that baffle tee.

Mark

1 - 20 of 83 Posts