Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my arsenal of drain-cleaning machines...all Ridgid of course.:cool2:

A K-7500 drum for large sewer drains, a K-380 for kitchen and floor drains, a K-60 sectional for those difficult access sewers such as roofs, a K-39 auto-feed for small tub and sink drains, a Seesnake Mini Video Camera system and Scout Locator for video inspections and pipe locations.

Thats how I roll.:tank: Post your Drain Arsenal if you'd like to share in this thread.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Nice set up for sure,

If I was doing drain cleaning and had the money I would get all the same stuff, I am a big fan of Ridgid as well, :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally I've used rigid products as well as a few others

As far as dependability, ease of use and quality

you simply cannot beat Gorlitz

·
Registered
112 Posts
I only carry a k39AF on my rig. I refer out anything that can't get! :) But damn, looks like you can handle anything...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
there seems to be a lot of ridgid users around here. i've used them but prefer my spartan stuff by a long shot. my set-up includes a general drill snake, spartan #100 and #300 machines, ridgid seesnake and navitrak. other than the noise, i can't think of a reason not to use a #300 machine for small (3" and 4") mainlines.

paul

·
Plumber, Totally
86 Posts
Mine is pretty much like yours except I have the K-3800 and don't carry the K-39, or the sectional. I have 3 drums for the K-3800 (1/2", 3/8", & 1/4")

I'll put in an outside cleanout before I ever go on a roof...
My company no longer cleans drains from the roof. I've never lost a customer because of this!!! If you communicate with your customers, and let them know that a ground-level cleanout is a very wise improvement to make to their property, most customers understand, and pay the additional $$$ to pay me to install a cleanout! Just good business.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the company i work for uses general wire,but the salesman sold us the rigid scout locator.what a ausome tool.real easy to use and very presice.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
When I was into drain cleaning I used Gorlitz machines, never tried the other brands

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
the company i work for uses general wire,but the salesman sold us the rigid scout locator.what a ausome tool.real easy to use and very presice.
The Scout is nice but I like the larger Navitrak unit better.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Followed one about 75 ft in a restraunt and marked the spot to bust concrete. Dead on, I love using it.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I started out with Goldak equipment over 30-years ago and with a lot of practice got pretty good with it. A first time user can be a pro with a NaviTrack right out of the box. It is hands down the best locator I have ever used.

Mark

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I started out with Goldak equipment over 30-years ago and with a lot of practice got pretty good with it. A first time user can be a pro with a NaviTrack right out of the box. It is hands down the best locator I have ever used.

Mark
I agree! But when they figure out all the functions and try out some out of the box stuff the thing can really be amazing.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Personally I've used rigid products as well as a few others

As far as dependability, ease of use and quality

you simply cannot beat Gorlitz
Hey!

Are you still around, I am about to buy a drain machine and would like to hear your stories, I am a HUGE fan of reliability .

I hope you see this thread and reply :)

I was thinking of a K - 60 , but you say this is better :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thats a free flow plunger lol thats what I NAMED MY company yrs ago and I will vote for gorlitz I used to use My Tana until gorlitz came out in 70s never looked back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts