Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I are making the move from Texas (has a state license) to Missouri (city/county license only). I'm in contact with the local AHJ concerning their licensing requirements already, but I was curious if any of you had moved states before and had any tips for a smoother transition?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
So the wife and I are making the move from Texas (has a state license) to Missouri (city/county license only). I'm in contact with the local AHJ concerning their licensing requirements already, but I was curious if any of you had moved states before and had any tips for a smoother transition?
Like we tell everyone, get hard copies of anything that proves you are a plumber. Work record with dates of hire, apprenticeship hour records, license renewal forms, ANYTHING.

The next step is to call anyone who seems remotely connected to the process and whisper sweet nothings in their ear. Ask for a fax number so you can send legal copies of your license etc. Emails are great too because they preserve conversations. Once someone tells you an answer you like you can forward that to someone else important.

·
Registered
251 Posts
When I moved to Shreveport I held a journeyman license in Kansas. The license I held let me test without going through the apprenticeship program down here. Get used to working in basements I doubt y'all have many in Dallas. Plumbing up there is going to be very different. But if your area in MO is anything like the area in Kansas I worked out of it will likely be easier. But don't get thrown for a loop when things are done completely different. It's just the nature of the game. Good luck bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts