Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seriously must be the most code violations that have ever been in one space. Wait for all the pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Lovely, where are the after pictures?

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All she was willing to pay for was the replacement if the ferco and the make shift dishwasher tail piece. I would have had to rip every bit of pipe out of that house to fixe everything. I never saw a vent in the whole place. I was a trailer out in BFE.

Attachments

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
The elbow in picture #3 looks like they may have used that orange cpvc glue crap.
At least they used puple primer on the coupling below it.:laughing:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the fact that they used pvc for pressurized pipe indoors. If that's not bad enough, they used it for the hot water too. Clear vinyl tubing for the dishwasher water and waste. Cross threaded lav supply on the hot side. S-trap on the sink waste. No vent of any kind. Saddle fitting feeding the ice maker.........on the hot side. The vinyl tubing in the ghetto dishwasher tail piece is pushed in so far it's obstructing the sinks flow path.:rolleyes:

·
1,204 Posts
That and the dishwasher tailpiece is below the so called trap

Reactions: ILPlumber

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
the cup under the kitchen sink must of had vodka in it, that dude had to be plastered to plumb in that abortion!!!!!!!!!!

leak 1

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Why not relocate the DW tailpiece to the house side of the "trap" when you changed it?

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because I had just driven 30 miles to the job and the lady was only willing to pay an extremely low amount that I'm ashamed to admit I accepted. She only wanted that connection replaced and was only willing to pay a certain amount. I was not going to get involved with anything more than that one piece for what I was getting paid. Lowering the trap under the tail piece would have involved extra time and I wasn't going into ANYTHING more for the breadcrumbs I was getting paid.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I hope before you started you told the owner that this thing could start breaking beyond your control and there requested repair, as you know by just looking at this it, it could fall apart without even touching this mess.

Murphy's Law 101

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
When I think of Florida, I think of rich New York Jews, Gone With The Wind mansions, and South Beach rich beauties. Where you finding these poor people? :laughing:

When I did AHS, those are the kind of places that I went to. Now, with my big ads and bigger monthly costs, I don't see poor people too much.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Reminds of that Kenny Rogers song,

you've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run!

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Exactly, I would have run. If the customer didn't want to replace the mess and do it right I wouldn't have done anything. I would have given her the price (full price), if she said no I would have thanked her and said good luck and goodbye.

·
1,204 Posts
I have had way too many jobs like that for stuff to fall apart in my hands when I try to re-vamp it. I know how it is when the ho is not willing to pay for anything extra. Like, it was not broke till you messed with it. DUH!!!!! It's a piece of crap lady!!

·
1,204 Posts
Oh. Btw. Went to hook up kitchen sink today for a lady that re-modeled her kitchen with new cabinets and cultured marble tops. She bought the 33x22 ss sink from home depo. Koher sink, single clamping track, no sink clips. She called counter top people who had just left there 2 hours earlier and asked if they saw the clips anywhere since they opened the box with the sink in it. Guy says, " oh, just caulk it down, no clips are needed. Like duh!! ss sink with no mounting clips? Come on man. Make me look like an idiot. Needless to say, it was a trip to the local hardware store which luckily had some that I made work. Cost me 2.99 plus tax. Lady had my check already written out and handed to me and she went back to work, before I discovered there were no clips. I got done before she came home from work so I will be calling her to add another trip charge plus 24.99 for sink clips!!! YOU GO HOME DEPOT!!! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts