Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's not pictured here is that the vent stacks stop in the attic. I guess the roofer couldn't be bothered with installing flashing so he just cut the pipes off below the roof deck. Everything in here was done by the local discount handyman.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Oh come on , was the speedy really plumbed through the handle like this?

No way ....lol

oH ALSO,

Everyone laughs at the guy that made these flex thingys . I bet he is rich :)

That must be the #1 homeowner bought plumbing product, I see those everywhere :)

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first thing my brother said when we walked out to the truck the first time was "Man, it smells like a fu***ng sewer in there.". Turns out he was right. They remodeled a bathroom and removed all vents. The vent you see in the attic photo is the one for the master bath. The whole system vents to their attic. All the cpvc was done with clear pvc glue. You can grab the cpvc and with a good pull and twist, the pipe comes right out of the socket. No straps on anything. I think the dishwasher supply line that was ran thru the bottles handle really adds a nice touch. Another thing not pictured is that they used 2 gas ball valves for the water heater and ran the t/p into the laundry tub. 16/2 romex ran to the Jacuzzi. Accordion fittings for the lav popups with running traps 3 feet away. Good times man.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Yea, It always amazes me how these people actually get these abortions to work.....simply amazes me,.....

GREAT pictures though :)

Any chance of reporting the guys who did this work? If they left any proof of who did it (paper trail, etc.), the local building department should nail them for this kind of thing.
Building department,..... yea for sure, I know in my town if you get caught without a plumbing license , they will woop your arse with some nice fines and possibly criminal charges depending on the damage and how much the job was for..

But seriously anyone that left a receipt with that mess deserves a trip right to the loony bin......

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Geez, I don't see that much crap here in Oregon, I do alot of service.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
I know I have been in a tight before and needed a slipjoint extension and made one by sawing the top part or a pvc tubular trap just below the threads and taking a scrap piece of tube from say, maybe a sawed off flange tailpiece and glue them with all purpose cement but that one has to take the cake. Check out the indirect drain behind the trap. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Unbelievable !!! And you see it ALL THE TIME !!

This is why I just have to laugh when people say ," Why do plumbers charge so much $ ,,, it can't be that hard "

Kiss My **S

Cal

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I bet the Plumber was found on Craig's List. That running P trap is a thing of beauty.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You like that huh? I was really impressed with the 9 1/2 cpvc couplings on the shower valve glued with clear pvc glue and purple primer with cpvc stub out and riser. We just went back out to the job and found that the Jacuzzi tub waste and over flow was done with corrugated pool vacuum hose and silicone. This guy is good. What can I do with a pro like this as my competition?

I bet the Plumber was found on Craig's List. That running P trap is a thing of beauty.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Unbelievable !!! And you see it ALL THE TIME !!

This is why I just have to laugh when people say ," Why do plumbers charge so much $ ,,, it can't be that hard "

Kiss My **S

Cal

You hit the nail right on the head!! Why do plumbers cost so much, anyone can do their job? It worked that way for years, so it must be ok?

I SECOND THE "Kiss My A**"

:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts