Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

More Moen Fun

5K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Redwood 
#1 ·
Those of you that know me, also know of my love for Moen faucets:whistling2:

So today, my brother calls me up and wants me to install a new shower valve up at the camp. I get there and what has he bought, yes indeed a GD Meon Temptrol. Sweet.
Anyhoo I gets it installed, turn it on and it leaks like a sieve from the housing. Pull it apart and the O ring has a slice in it. No problem, have spares. Putting the cartridge back in and the spring clip jumps from my greezy fingers and falls in the pine needles. No problem, have spares. Get it back together, turn it on and nothing comes out:furious: Take it apart again and the cartrige is frozen solid. No problem,............have spares. :thumbup:
Normally I like these problems because I swear servicing Moen valves has paid for my bass boat. But this my own camp for christ sakes. :eek:

#8 ·
I only dislike Moen kitchen faucets . They just aren't as good . The cartridge idea is just a great thing and really folks ,,,,, AN EASY $$$ MAKER !!

Cal

#11 ·
I dont care for the sunken stem nut on the roman tub faucets and I dont like the spout shank. I dont like the freezing up of the balancing spool thru unuse. I dont like pulling the brass cartridge and having the center stem come out and having to use a nipple extractor. I dont like the stiffness of the cartridge with hard water over time. Other than that I cant say much due to limited experience with them.

#14 ·
I had a Moen T/S Valve that was warped and leaking...Let's say it was in a house that was foreclosed and the prior owner had a vengeance...Replace the valve, Viola.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.