Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Casual Observer
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this under the "Tools" section on the Dallas Craigslist.

Plumber Looking For Work*** (Dallas, Grand Prarie, )

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-28, 4:12PM CST

Work is really slow these days so I am looking for people that need a plumber for a good deal. I can do repairs, new fixtures, installations, install cook tops, run gas lines, fix sewage problems and assist with water lines and much more. Any thing you need we can do! Please call me for a price qoute you can not beat my prices! 214-923-XXXX

Thanks,
Jesse

I look forward to calling tomorrow to find out if he's licensed or not.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nick ,

That guy is screwing us . Your Avatar has excellent aim !!

Cal

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Id bet the farm he is not. Tell him to meet you at the local inspection office for a toilet repair!!!!!!!! Tell him to ask for the head inspector when he gets there, that its his personal toilet that is running constantly.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Couldn't find the posting. Found another though,

plomero (Dallas TX)

Reply to:[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-21, 1:53PM CDT

se hase todo tipo de trabajo de plomeria comercial y residencial presupuestos gratis hablamos ingles y español
we do every type of jobs of plumber residential and commercial budgets free we spoquen English and Spanish
[email protected]

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1181282906

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Found this under the "Tools" section on the Dallas Craigslist.

Plumber Looking For Work*** (Dallas, Grand Prarie, )

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-28, 4:12PM CST

Work is really slow these days so I am looking for people that need a plumber for a good deal. I can do repairs, new fixtures, installations, install cook tops, run gas lines, fix sewage problems and assist with water lines and much more. Any thing you need we can do! Please call me for a price qoute you can not beat my prices! 214-923-XXXX

Thanks,
Jesse

I look forward to calling tomorrow to find out if he's licensed or not.

That guy sounds like a real "Tool" :laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Date: 2009-05-21, 10:03AM EDT

Handyman with over 15 years experience can and will do most anything in and around your home.I can build,plumb,hang and finish drywall,paint,trim,doors,windows and more.My rates are very reasonable.Call me at 850-524-5644 or e-mail me at [email protected] on yahoo messenger at imnoeone2006. All work guaranteed to meet your satisfaction.References available on request. I don't want your junk e-mails.They'll be deleted instantly.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • License info: Unlicensed

PostingID: 1181751765

Is it me, or do these guys just make real plumbers look like a joke? Look out, hes at large!!!!!!

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
I just called this guy and asked if he is licensed and he answered no, he does not need one to do plumbing. Told him thank you and his ad will get reported.

Hi there!
I am a plumber looking for some extra work, I do drains, sewers, toilets, sinks, I also do side work like drywall.
Call For a resonable rate.
My name is Jimmy and i can be reached at 708-656-****

PostingID: 1183288420

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has done a pretty good job of wiping out the prostitution ads on Craigslist...
The oldest profession where 2 consenting adults enter into and agreement that really provides no harm... :whistling2:

I wish We could get him to show some interest in clacking down on the unlicensed "Plumbers" infesting Craigslist... :furious:

Where hacks run rampant infesting homes with plumbing not done to code, and duping homeowners out of money for poorly performed work or, not completed work.

Dart attorney Daniel Gallagher said he remained skeptical, saying Craigslist made similar promises before to the attorneys general.

Gallagher noted that Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal had brokered an agreement with the site in November to crack down on prostitution ads after being contacted about several complaints about photographs depicting nudity.

"I'm not going to take their word for it, we want to see action," Gallagher said.

Blumenthal sounded equally skeptical.

"Closing the erotic services section -- a blatant Internet brothel -- should lead to other blocking and screening measures, and set a model for other sites, if Craigslist keeps its word," he said in a statement. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...logy/news/e3iacbc03133413785fafb89cc60b395e6d

·
4,253 Posts
I am really enjoying calling these guys asking them if they are licensed or not. Last guy said what area are you in. I am like no. Do you have a state license. Then he just says yea, so I asked for it. He then hung up on me.

·
4,253 Posts
This one makes me sad.

$75 ★ ★ P.L.U.M.B.E.R. ★ ★ $75 (★ CHICAGO ★ 773-994-****)

Date: 2009-05-24, 5:12PM CDT

★ ALL ROUGH AND FINISH PLUMBING... ★

★ DOZENS OF JOBS $75 OR LESS... ★

★ WHY PAY GREEDY MARKUPS? ★

★ CHICAGO'S MOST AFFORDABLE PLUMBER ★

★ 773-994-**** ★

• License info: PRO
PostingID: 1186974420

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
This just in

Craigslist caller,

"I don't feel comfortable paying you $115 to come out fix a simple leak at the J-bend."

Roast Duck's response,

"Yes, and I don't feel comfortable driving 40 minutes each way and thinking my time is based on what you feel is comfortable."

Silence...and then he hung up.

That was better than a segment of "This Old House" . :laughing:

·
4,253 Posts
Craigslist caller,

"I don't feel comfortable paying you $115 to come out fix a simple leak at the J-bend."

Roast Duck's response,

"Yes, and I don't feel comfortable driving 40 minutes each way and thinking my time is based on what you feel is comfortable."

I love it when people tell us what we should be charging them. Had a guy tell me I should only be selling water heaters at cost since I make all my money on the labor. I said sure thing. But let me readjust my labor charge for this situation, and quoted him double time.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Craigslist caller,

Roast Duck's response,

So that 1.5 hrs of driving,the repair and materials.....thats too cheap anyway after taxes and expenses you woulda made about 60 bucks.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Update

He just called back,

He says that when the kitchen sink is ran above, it fills the tub. Easy one at this point.

So.. he committed, partially but he wants me to do it monday or tuesday. Told him I'm booked and that's why I gave him a m-f rate for the task, and I'm not booking a sunday.

Told him I could do it now, leave now but he's hedging on that move as he "thought" he'd get me for cheaper on the m-f. :blink:

At this point, I low-balled it just because I know what I'm dealing with. :yes:

I shouldn't be leaving this shop for no less on a saturday for $185.00 on a simple clog less than 1' into that piping arrangement. It's cast iron and it's closing up right at the brass ferrule like they ALL do.

Well, he hasn't called back, another call just came in and I ditched that one too...it's the second one I've tossed because the words "roto-rooter" keep coming up in conversation.

Toilet backing up into tub, septic tank, "Roto-Rooter was here for hours last time, something about a tee in the crawlspace that's installed wrong and apparently the previous owners had to have plumbers here all the time."

Told her to call her friends at roto-rooter since they are familiar with the piping system.

See, this is where wisdom pays off. Years ago I would of jumped on either call for the reason of money, and even though it'd be nice to have the revenue right now, BOTH of those calls are tossers.

One because of price, the other because it SUCKS! And she also mentioned that the last guy gave her a discount.

Lady? Why are telling the next plumber that? Maybe that's why I'm not showing up in your driveway today. :laughing:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
are you saying that your going to do a branchline or mainline stoppage on a weekend for $185???:eek::blink:

I've been known to charge more than that to get in my truck and start driving and I get paid via CC up front!

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I have a tendency to be this way when I've got calls on the board already, filling me out to thursday, not including the calls that'll come in during that time.

Roast "believes couch time better than work time" Duck
Nothing wrong with picking and choosing.....its just smart business. This business will work ypu if you donr work it,for sure........I love the screen name by the way:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts