Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today , we pulled a tree root out of a sewer that was 17 feet long. Longest one I've seen. It was from a ficus tree. Was about 3'' diameter. Anyone else seen anything this big?:eek:

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
On the ridgid site, 2 guys have pulled out an 18 and 20fter. One was sectional and the other was drum machine. They have pics.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I removed one that was about 5', but it had like 3 sections. The funny thing was when I sent the video cam down the pipe was in good shape. It had one hole and no bellies.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
1. Wow!!!
2 Record here is 9'-10'
3. coolest one was a 5' long horse tail that had grown under the slab on grad house, up between the slab & C.I. riser, over the flang, through the wax seal, and down the drain..... 5' from where I cut it off below the flang to tip of the tail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
pulled a root out of a sump line about 20 years ago that was 24 feet from a 18 foot around willow tree cleanest root i have ever seen,have not seen one close to that size since

·
Registered
648 Posts
big root

that one is the biggest I have ever seen I have pulled back roots and filled up several foot tubs but never nothing like that

·
Registered
648 Posts
way back when

I know its late but I remember one time being on low end of a manhole in a mining camp. I was baby of team so I was in manhole pushing cable up to stoppage , I started smelling sulfuric acid and thought it was time to climb out of manhole I barley cleared top when the godawfullyest stuff hit me on the feet that was in the days roto had the gas powered machines with 1 man on machine and the other (me) in the hole I am proud to be above ground and breathing now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts