Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Moen kitchen faucet

6K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Widdershins 
#1 ·
This is a pic of my kit. Faucet, it's about 5 years old. The whole inside body rotted out. Called moen and they're sending a new one. All they needed was a picture they were pretty easy to deal with.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I hate them. had a problem with the hold down nut on one model. No matter how tight you tighten it if the home owner bumped the faucet it will leak under the counter. Finally had to use some lock tight on it. Next, the same faucet she called back. No water pressure at the sink. Look under the faucet and that damn 6" hose that plugs into the tee and has to turn a quick 90 to the valve had kinked. Went and got a new hose and this time I put a round block of wood in the center of the hose so the damn thing wont kink again. HO purchased it and said they spent way too much money to replace it right now but said the next time they will not buy a Moen.

#17 ·
Mac
Generally when you discover a Moen faucet in that condition it is from a leak. It leaked (dripped)from the vacuum breaker and did not escape to the cabinet. This happens quite frequently with the Moen pull out sprays.

#9 ·
That's an 875 series Moen. Backflow preventor caused that up top. It's dime size and ripples like a flapper over time.

Total design flaw that creates property damage. Then they try to get you to buy a faucet over the phone now when there's more than a couple things wrong with their product.

Nothing but hell to get that faucet off the deck when it's been leaking for a long time. There are retrofits to that backflow assembly but never hide the **** inside the valve. Totally a bad design.

I've been tearing those out of homes for years....

years.

#11 ·
. Backflow preventor caused that up top. It's dime size and ripples like a flapper over time.
Those backflows used to leak alot more than they do now. I used to take a soldering iron and fuse the little holes closed. No more leak.

I know wrong thing to do, but it kept me from getting callbacks for leak below in the cabinet.

Moen is still my go to faucet.

#10 ·
mOEN IS OK and Better than DELTA

I like Moen.... they stand behind their products
and will send you out free parts and faucets with
just a picture, that is fine with me...

Been getting out of trouble with their single handle kitchen faucets.....cant install the DELTA anymore so
they have become my favorite

and are you not all forgetting how crappy DELTA has become...???:laughing::laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.