Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've been trying to fix a faulty diverter in a 7400 series Moen kitchen faucet with side sprayer. I've replaced every imaginable inner part at this point including a new diverter. I still only get about half the water going to the sprayer. I've troubleshot the sprayer itself by taking the end off to ensure there is no flow restriction. I've put a paperclip through the little diverter outlet hole at the back of the faucet body to clear it out. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Reactions: GAN and MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Hi there. I've been trying to fix a faulty diverter in a 7400 series Moen kitchen faucet with side sprayer. I've replaced every imaginable inner part at this point including a new diverter. I still only get about half the water going to the sprayer. I've troubleshot the sprayer itself by taking the end off to ensure there is no flow restriction. I've put a paperclip through the little diverter outlet hole at the back of the faucet body to clear it out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Take the largest screwdriver that you own and drive it up into the spout from the bottom,there is a lot of needless restrictors up in there and only way to get them out is drive a screwdriver up into the sprayer,probably have to hit it pretty hard to dislodge them

·
Registered
Service Plumber
218 Posts
Take the largest screwdriver that you own and drive it up into the spout from the bottom,there is a lot of needless restrictors up in there and only way to get them out is drive a screwdriver up into the sprayer,probably have to hit it pretty hard to dislodge them
I agree with Sparky, driving that screwdriver through all of the useless restrictors usually results in the desired full rate of flow!!!

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
221 Posts
Are you sure the handle is open all the way? Sometimes those kitchen faucet handles get a little sticky. I'd take a pair of channellocks and really crank on it to make sure it's open.

If that doesn't do it, grab a pipe wrench. That'll open any stuck faucet. Works every time!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts

Yes on the largest screwdriver but what drives the screwdriver? I recommend a 3lb hammer...........

3 lb hammer.jpg

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
and another libtard canadian looking for free schit......go ask your dentist how to fill fillings for free and see what they say...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts