Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Moen Hand Held Shower Wand

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gusty60 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody installed a moen hand held shower wand? I am looking at this thing and cant quite figure out how the chrome shower ell attaches to the wall. Because there is no rubber o-ring or gasket behind it to keep the water from getting between it and the wall. I was thinking to use a drop ear 90 behind the wall and using a nipple to attach the shower ell but i just cant figure how to keep the water out. Is there an o-ring or gasket that is missing on this? I was thinking if there is no rubber gasket maybe use some caulking around it but it just doesnt seem right because the body spray valve, the over head shower valve, and the hand held wand valve all have rubber o-rings on the escussions

#2 ·
USP if you are refering to the mounting brackets on the slider bar or afixed type, NO they do not come with gaskets. They never have. We have in the past drilled out for our holes to go to the backing wood or anchors. Then use a good quality caulk around those holes and mount it. I have yet to see one cause failure in the surround walls. You can then neatly put a nice clean bead of caulk aound the edge after it is mounted. this will leave you two seals. highly unlikely it will ever leak.

No different than a grab bar installation.

I hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.