Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum!
My first question also.
I am the maintenance director of a nursing home/ assisted living facility.

My problem is this: It concerns the mixing valve and recirculation line for the domestic hot water. The mixing valve is set for 115 degrees F. If the water is running nearby and water is flowing through the mixing valve the temp gauge reads 115 but if there is no water running the temp gauge starts to climb until it hits around 130. I cant have that slug of hot water going through the pipes to an elderly resident and getting burned. I replaced the mixg. valve and the recirc. pump but still get the same problem. I need to get this fixed ASAP. If you need more info to help solve the problem let me know. Thanks.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Great forum!
My first question also.
I am the maintenance director of a nursing home/ assisted living facility.

My problem is this: It concerns the mixing valve and recirculation line for the domestic hot water. The mixing valve is set for 115 degrees F. If the water is running nearby and water is flowing through the mixing valve the temp gauge reads 115 but if there is no water running the temp gauge starts to climb until it hits around 130. I cant have that slug of hot water going through the pipes to an elderly resident and getting burned. I replaced the mixg. valve and the recirc. pump but still get the same problem. I need to get this fixed ASAP. If you need more info to help solve the problem let me know. Thanks.

Get a good PLUMBER NOW!

Then report yourself to your supervisor for putting their entire company at legal risk.

Oh, and this site is for plumbers only.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

·
Master Plumber
76 Posts
Wow I have a problem and don't want to pay a plumber so I will replace everything that is not broke then go to a plumbers only forum to ask questions.
What a clown !

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Imagine That!
Shoulda pulled the name of the place from him before shutting him down...
They probably had a staff plumber before they laid him off to save a few bucks...

We just had the state take over a nursing home corp. here...
Freaking crooks!:furious:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.