Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here's a little sanity test, if they can make a durable drain snaking unit that small with DC motors running at a low voltage like 18v, which definitely requires larger copper wires to prevent excessive power loss through heat, Don't you think they would have done this form factor with an AC motor years ago?

One of these companies needs to quit dicking around with these 18v packs and make quad stack 72v/80v battery packs and some cordless tools that are built like an old corded milwaukee or makita sawzall.

When I can afford it, I am switching to dewalt's flexvolt packs. I like my 18v makita but higher voltage is the future, much less heat loss from the resistance in the motor windings.
Makita just came out with a new platform like the dewalt flexvolt. Very few tools so far but more are sure to follow

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Makita just came out with a new platform like the dewalt flexvolt. Very few tools so far but more are sure to follow
Well son of a beach!!!! I see that now, they call it XGT. One of their marketing terms is "MORE VOLTAGE IN THE PREFERRED 18V FORM FACTOR", What are the chances they actually mean they will work with the 18v tools? Sadly, probably not.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
21 - 22 of 22 Posts