Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am owner of a small plumbing biz in Atlanta, I am a Master Plumber and have been doing plumbing for 10 years. I am new to the bizness part of plumbing. So I hope to gather some good info from you guys. Well if you have any questions for me just ask :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi Greenplum,

Welcome aboard, were happy you joined us on here.

What is you real name if you don't mind me asking?

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Welcome to the site, you found a great place to exchnage notes and idea's.

There's no rule prohibiting discussion of money, but I might warn that we are from all over the country.

You might get an idea of a price from me on replacing a water heater, but lose your shirt trying to get that price in your area because the cost of living & overhead are higher where I am.

I use flat rates for the most part.
There are numerous publications that have set rates, but in the end I made my own list based on what my expenses are and how long each task takes me.

Others here use T&M, it all boils down to what you're comfortable with.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
There's no rule prohibiting discussion of money, but I might warn that we are from all over the country.

You might get an idea of a price from me on replacing a water heater, but lose your shirt trying to get that price in your area because the cost of living & overhead are higher where I am.
Welcome, and what Grumpy says is absolutely true, codes vary all over, a job that most of you would figure for PEX or CPVC I am figuring to do the job in type L copper because of our code.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Welcome, and what Grumpy says is absolutely true, codes vary all over, a job that most of you would figure for PEX or CPVC I am figuring to do the job in type L copper because of our code.
...though I have been trying to get YOUR prices...no luck yet....still trying:laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Brian L. How long has this site been up? Ron are you a workin Plumber? Can we talk money on this site?
Site has been online coming up on 2 months. Yes working plumber like the rest out here. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
With it goes paying what we pay for material, 2" type M copper is a little on the expensive side lately.
I miss working exclusively with all CI, type L and copper DWV..I've barely done any DWV copper since my commercial days.
I have nightmares that garden hose has been approved by local code and Home Depot is the only supplier left after beating out plumbing supplies....sigh.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts