Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting geared up to work a huge medical gas shut down this evening at a local hospital. We have to shut down 7 floors of medical air, oxygen,and vacumm. Putting eveybody that needs it on reserve bottles and posting them up at each room. 4 hr deadline. I enjoy doing medical gas cause its clean.The nitrogen purge keeps the copper brand new even after silver soldering.... looking forward to it. Anybody else certified to run gas?

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Last time I did work similar to that was for a laboratory.
Brazing with nitro purge for purified air lines.
We set drops for each outlet, the next morning we came in to find almost every single one bent.
Some bozo decided to move them out of the way to make room for a fork-lift, the annealed fittings made it very easy.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch... Im sure yall were happy about that. The copper will break long before the fitting.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right.... I miss wordered it. The copper will break break before the joint will fail.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Do you know the balloon trick when purging lines with nitrogen? I didn't want to state the obvious if you guys already knew.

·
Registered
63 Posts
done plenty of it. but never in that size of shut down. all the buildings we have here are isolated systems all over so need to shut down that big. hope it goes well man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts