Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Do you have it?

What did it cost?

Was it worth it?
I dont have med gas cert but a friend does and its a pain in the butt he says. if you go by the book which you better......Everytime your breach the system the entire system must be test for "quality" of the gas. he said he might spend 20 minutes repairing somthing and then 5 hours testing the quality of the gas. If you dont and sombody dies its your fault even though you may not have done anything wrong other than not testing for quality and you where the last one to breach the system. High liability. better trust your employees alot!!!!

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I hear it's high dollar pay though.
oh hella yeah. a few hundred an hour. I think they charge 250 and hr here but it depends on how many people are certified in your area and what they are charging and how busy they are. Insurance for it is high dollar too. I heard a kid almost died in La in a dentist office from a cross connection between the oxy line and a nitrous line. kid had a bad reaction to the nitrous so they turned on the oxy full blast and it was mixed with nitrous....Kid almost died before the Dr. figured it out. he turned the oxy up and the kid got WORSE.....thats not normal!!! I know if ya use pipe dope on tha oxy lines things can go BOOM

·
Registered
265 Posts
In CT.......$3,200.00 (The price may have changed.) 4 Days (32 hours of training) and must be renewed either yearly or bi-yearly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts