Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of me teaching my Son how to sweat copper. I cut all the pieces and he put all 3 valves together and sweated them all by himself at the age of 7.took him 1 hr to do all 3 and he only had 2 leaks (never sweated or put thinks together before)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
That's cool, my kid is 15 and won't touch a torch, but he will thread gas pipe with a ratchet threader all day long.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Do you use the H2O flux Indiana requires. Man I hate that stuff. Lotta guys don't mess with it over there. I couldn't tell if that was a #5 can or H2O can of flux.

Congrats. Good to give the kid a sense of accomplishment and to know you are proud of him.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the good stuff :brows:!!! that H2O stuff sucks! I just ran out of the :censored: I had a can of Old #5 so I used it. The supply house here still sale the crap out of that stuff. (It all because some lady wanting easy money!) There is nothing wrong with the #5 Just got to run water through the system to flush it out. MOI

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Don't feel bad. You and eleventy billion other guys still use #5. Including me.

H2O is alright if you solder it immediately. Let it sit for an hour while your fitting up other stuff= green:furious:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That's great :thumbup:

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atta boy, Dad!:thumbsup:
Tell the young'n that Ole' Song Dog said GOOD JOB!

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My youngest son on the other hand

Now my youngest son which just turned 6 last week. He tells everyone when he grows up he's going to work for 3 Kings Plumbing, Have him a really fast motorcycle and a monster truck! :whistling2: He didn't fall far from the tree. I don't have the motorcycle anymore wife told me it had to go!!:cry:
But still have my big truck! (not a monster truck though) 77 Dodge Power Wagon crew cab (Big Blue) I'll try to post pic in a few days.

But he also says he's going to play Pro Football. He's only 6 years old but weighs about 62 pounds and 3'11"" tall stocky little dude!

We just have to wait and see what his future hold for him.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He doesn't want to be a plumber! Want to be in the Military. But only time will tell.:)

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Have him talk to me first, maybe he'll change his mind. LOL. He can be in the military and be a plumber, that's what I do.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He wants to be in the Marines. like I was suppose to be. They don't like people who break a few bones and get head injury. 2 weeks before deployment. I still knew to shoot the bad guys what else did you need?:laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts