Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day a guy calls to say he has a leak under his house and could I come out to give a price to fix it.

At the front door I can smell the problem.:blink:

He lets me in, shows me the crawl access and sits back in a chair as I put on my crawl suit. I ask him what's the 1-1/2" flex hose for?(it' coming out of a hole drilled in the access cover). "Oh, thats for the sump pump. I put it in about a year ago" :eek::eek:. WTF:no:.

I open the cover and after shooing away the mosquitos, I look under his house and the entire 1500sq ft house is flooded with, well you know.:no:

This guy knew of the leak over a year ago and put the sump pump into a bucket under his house, drilled a hole in the crawl access and ran an 1-1/2" plastic flex hose across the room to a window. The sewage drains out of the window about 10' from his front door into a planter.

I tell him he needs to call Emergency Restoration Services to have them pump out the crawl area and treat it before any (other) plumber returns to fix the sewer leaks. He asks if I'm sure it's a sewer leak?

I think the pictures will tell the truth.

He already had cleanup company give him a price of 6000.00 to cleanup and treat the crawl area. I told him another 5k and sewer will get fixed after the crawl is safe to enter.

He wants to think about it.:whistling2: Maybe another year or so.

Check out the pictures.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I would call the city on that one. I usually mind my business and live by the rule. snitches get stitches. And they do. I think I might take the stitches on this one.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Wow, that's a bad one! Almost looks like someone busted the holes in the cast iron to drain on purpose? That had to stink bad. Turn his dirty ass in, that's a health hazard to the neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
does someone else live there besides him. I would still report him especially if there are kids in the house. There has to be mold and mildew in there that is very dangerous not to mention rodents.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok-i just noticed the home depot sump "reservoir". i think those sell for $3.00 if anybody wants to go talk to the pros at home depot.maybe we could get a group discount.

·
Registered
752 Posts
this very shocking.. i would have definitely call the helth dept. on this one... those band iron hangers look new?? no support originally??

1 - 20 of 59 Posts