Discussion Starter #1
I am rewriting my marketing plan for 2009, and I will be:
1)Altering my business name
2)Incorporating
3)Creating a new website
4)Getting a logo designed
5)Redesigning my business cards
6)Redesigning my phonebook ads

Any ideas on where to look to hire a marketing designer that won't cost me a trillion dollars? I basically need a graphic designer that can help me with my logo, website and print advertising...all in one. There are about a million graphic designers out there, so I don't know where to start. I'm just a small one-man operation right now, so my budget is limited.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I will do it for free not kidding either

I am great at brand design I think, Well I think so anyhow, and I am a plumber as well :)

Just get in touch with me and we can go over what you need, I can create you a full "Brand"

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I will gladly pay you, but are you a pro graphic designer? Do you have the tools and ability to design professional looking advertisements and logos?
I have everything from photoshop, to the fact I have been coding syntax since I was 13.

I can create videos, business cards, logos , BRANDS, (look at how wet head is growing).

I do have one golden rule when I design and I must just say this now,

When I design a logo , I have my 4 year old watch the process, and at the end of the week or two it takes me,I have my son see if he can remember the 'Brand" and if my son who is four can remember the brand, then the brand has succeeded , if he has no idea what it is, then I have done a poor job

For example, My son thinks wet head is now well real

Anyhow,

There are PLENTY of great and I mean really great designers that totally blow me away,

BUT , how many designers can you find that have also been plumbers for 17 years and also know brand development is the key.

Also I totally WILL NOT be offended if you choose someone else, I just wanted to offer my self to another brother plumber, that's all and ya I wont accept money either, that's another catch......sorry it's not what god gave me the skill for :)

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
That was big of you to offer *******. That stuff and the time it takes ain't cheap.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I will do it for free not kidding either

I am great at brand design I think, Well I think so anyhow, and I am a plumber as well :)

Just get in touch with me and we can go over what you need, I can create you a full "Brand"
Ha! I just signed up to this site, and already have found someone with a common interest. I myself enjoy doing the same sort of things (did my own website and logo). Check out my site and tell me what you think (www.tite-rite.com). I've taken a quick glance at your site and have it bookmarked for further exploration. Best of luck to you.

And to service guy, I wish you the best of luck as well! Starting a business can be both a rewarding and stressful experience. I myself just launched mine a few months ago and am very interested in learning from everyone here what works and what doesn't!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Tite Rite - clicked on your site. You broke the golden rule in marketing . . Your telephone number needs to be prominently displayed on every page. Don't make customers look for it. If some people don't find what they want in a nano second, they click right out.

Service Guy - Marketing - I have found Hudson Ink to be a great source of inspiration as far as timing promotions etc. I think their website is hudsonink.com The guy writes for one of the trade publications and he offers a lot of free advice. Good luck!

******* - Love your new Avatar & your site banner is brilliant!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tite Rite - clicked on your site. You broke the golden rule in marketing . . Your telephone number needs to be prominently displayed on every page. Don't make customers look for it. If some people don't find what they want in a nano second, they click right out.
As Homer Simpson would say....doh!

I have some white space at the top right corner. I'll put that in right now!! Thanks for pointing out my oversight!

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Ha! I just signed up to this site, and already have found someone with a common interest. I myself enjoy doing the same sort of things (did my own website and logo). Check out my site and tell me what you think (www.tite-rite.com). I've taken a quick glance at your site and have it bookmarked for further exploration. Best of luck to you.

And to service guy, I wish you the best of luck as well! Starting a business can be both a rewarding and stressful experience. I myself just launched mine a few months ago and am very interested in learning from everyone here what works and what doesn't!

This will be able to help you in evaluating your site

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, everything is in process now for my new company name and marketing.
The total package includes:
Logo Design,
Website design,
Business Card design,
Phonebook Ad design.

I'll also be putting the new logo on my work truck, shop sign, etc. and I'll eventually have some new postcards designed.
Here is the company that is doing my design, if your interested in looking at his portfolio: http://www.andrick.com/portfolio_template.php

·
Banned
913 Posts
Funny how web guys are more free thinking. I liked the 'web pages shouldn't suck' thing.

Can't imagine that would fly on our website "Because your plumbing shouldn't suck"

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny how web guys are more free thinking. I liked the 'web pages shouldn't suck' thing.

Can't imagine that would fly on our website "Because your plumbing shouldn't suck"
This guy is an "out-of-the-box" type of dude. Totally freethinker, independent, self-reliant, self-employed type. I like him:thumbsup:

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything is finished and I couldn't be more pleased.
If any plumbers out there want some marketing design help, I highly recommend this guy.
The total package includes:
Logo Design,
Website design,
Business Card design,
Phonebook Ad design.
http://www.andrick.com/portfolio_template.php

Call him if you want some awesome design work done for your company.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts