Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
I doubt that one came from Home Depot, it’s the professional series.

I buy most of my water heaters from Home Depot. They’re open 7 days a week and stay open until 10pm most nights.

I priced a 50 electric at supply house and came out cheaper going to Home Depot. I got the heater, expansion tank and drain pan at Home Depot cheaper than just the water heater at supply house.

that's usually the case but, to have it dropped off, sitting in the driveway of the home it's getting installed in is worth that extra premium from the supply houses to me.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
I’ve never read in a code book that a thermal expansion tank is required, I’ve always read that thermal expansion control must be provided for.
The city code I work under doesn’t require thermal expansion control unless the system is normally closed by a any type of check valve.

There are more than just expansion tanks for the control of thermal expansion.

There are ballcocks and hose Bibb adapters that provide protection against thermal expansion. Of course the toilet would have a stop valve that could isolate the thermal expansion from the system.

They're only required here on commercial projects. That or a pressure relief valve on the backflow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts