1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Like Tater Tots
Plumber since 1979. 42 years and still rollin'
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer Input device Netbook Computer keyboard Office equipment

Laptop Office equipment Material property Laptop accessory Gas

I have access to a fiber laser and am going to start etching copper pipes for water heaters, main valves, filters, softeners etc.
Permanent, cannot be removed.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here in St. Louis the Expansion tank has to be 18" from the water heater connection. And those homeowner type connections do not shine brightly for a professional Install IMO.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our supply house delivers at no extra charge. Here’s the last one I did. Why make it easy for a handyman or homeowner to install the next one? No flex lines or Handy Andy fittings here
Gas Composite material Machine Cylinder Wood

Fluid Electricity Cylinder Gas Machine

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Max size is approximately 7” wide though.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can send you a mounting brack for that tank.

Also does no one install a boiler drain with there expansion tanks so you can easily isolate the tank and drain it with out killing the hot water.

View attachment 135838
Why would you need to drain the tank? It has a bladder in it. It won’t get water logged.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
That was an existing vent that was reused. It is not a requirement or a necessity in our area.

I am curious about the foil tape on the single wall vent pipe. Is that a requirement in your jurisdiction? I have never seen that as a requirement. The vent for a Catagory 1 appliance is under negative pressure. The IFGC has very little information on installation requirements of single wall "vent" pipe. Very little on specifics as to how sections of single wall vent pipe are to be fastened together, sealed, supported. I am an oldtimer, and we always used at least 3 screws in each joint of single wall vent pipe. Never used tape. Anybody have jurisdiction requirements that go farther than screws in each joint? Such as how often the vent must be supported horizontally? For instance IFGC Chapter 5 vents says All portions of single wall metal pipe shall be supported for the design and weight of the material supported. That leaves a lot up to the discretion of the AHJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts