Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a BernzOmatic propane torch.
It say's on the back it is a manual triggered.
Meaning they want you to buy some type of sparker for it.

I am just wondering if I can use a match instead of buying the sparker?
Or if I can some how create a spark for it without a sparker to get it going.

Thanks for any help.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
How about an intro 1st, in the introduction forum, that's the 1st step on getting answers on here.

Thanks

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So , is using a match not the thing to do?
Because in chemistry class to start a Bunsen burner we just used a match.

Why would this be any different?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Wow. I can't express enough words how important this is. Just when I thought I have taught it all, you show up. I have a better, and more obvious question for you. What the hell do you need that torch for in the first place?

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to start it so I can solder some copper pipes together.
At least can I pick up a sparker at a cumberlands.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I bought a BernzOmatic propane torch.
It say's on the back it is a manual triggered.
Meaning they want you to buy some type of sparker for it.

I am just wondering if I can use a match instead of buying the sparker?
Or if I can some how create a spark for it without a sparker to get it going.

Thanks for any help.:rolleyes:
I usually just disconnect a gasline and spark that off.......hold my copper fittings over the flame and Wa La its soldered. No torch needed. To make the spark i use an old electrical cord i cut off and I just groend it out to the gas line.....Bingo we have ignition. You might need to reset the breaker in the electrical box and then call the fire department. Just remember safety 1st!!!!!<a joke...do not attempt>:laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I usually just disconnect a gasline and spark that off.......hold my copper fittings over the flame and Wa La its soldered. No torch needed. To make the spark i use an old electrical cord i cut off and I just groend it out to the gas line.....Bingo we have ignition. You might need to reset the breaker in the electrical box and then call the fire department. Just remember safety 1st!!!!!<a joke...do not attempt>:laughing:
What do yo mean joke, thats how we roll in the south baby. Gasoline and propane. And I mean some Pro Pain!:laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Seriously dude, you could have bought a sharkbite fitting. Take the torch back and buy a sharkbite. My whole house is plumbed in sharkbites. I used a bunch too. had to put those 6ft sticks of 1/2" copper together under the slab with something. No solder required, you just stick them on and Wha La. Finished. Take the torch back, you'll burn your eye out.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.