Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't install these mascerating toilets very often. Just putting feelers out there to see if any of you have opinions on them? Looking at the Saniflow or Liberty Ascent II.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,680 Posts
Had a stopped up toilet that wouldn't clear with an auger. Pulled it and flipped it over. F'ing banana peel. Who throws banana peels in the toidy?
I had a client call for one of their rental units, the renters some how managed to destroy a toilet by spraying or flushing spray foam down the toilet….

yep, don’t try to over think this one, it’s a mystery- they weren’t crack heads or low life’s.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I have a Saniflo in one of my basement bathrooms, it works great but it is louder than the Liberty. I have a Liberty at my shop, both are trouble free.

I think the wife would make me go with Liberty if we ever did another bathroom.

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
I have a Saniflo in one of my basement bathrooms, it works great but it is louder than the Liberty. I have a Liberty at my shop, both are trouble free.

I think the wife would make me go with Liberty if we ever did another bathroom.
I not sure if the liberty is a macerator or not. It might be just a pump. The saniflo has a grinder with sharp azz blades and it does vibrate.

I’ve never installed the liberty or serviced one.

·
Super Moderator
11,997 Posts
I’ve installed three saniflo toilets, no problems. I did get a call once for one plugged up, but that was in the trap.

Liberty is my sump pump of choice, the v10 one with the float switch, not the pressure or mercury switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts