Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members,

Please be careful about what you post. One among us has taken someone's bio and posted it on a public professional / DIY'er forum to embarrass and make a point. :furious:

Be aware - NOTHING HERE IS PRIVATE and can be used against you!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Post a link to it.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Somebody must have too much time on their hands. Time to fire up the banned wagon. Juvenile BS should not be tolerated.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ridgid Forum under Prof. Plumbers - Where do we draw the line

Years Experience: PLUMBERS HELPER 1975-80/FULL TIME PLUMBER SINCE 1981
Nominated 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thread of the Week Award(s): 1

Re: So where do we draw the line
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckButter
You just said it again, making light of the point made earlier, not just by me.
Conform, or leave.

not conform, just stay away from the diy post.

Your continuing to intimate Ridgid is ONLY for plumbers that are willing to offer free DIY info, sorry bud, not really...even I don't buy Ridgid telling me I'm required to offer free professional advice to be a member.

no one says you have to offer free professional advise to be a member. but you don't have keep telling posters to call a pro either

It would appear you're the only one saying this.

I don't mince words, I feel it best to p- someone off right up front than sugarcoat and let things simmer over time.

Rick, it's nothing about any other forum, you also keep mentioning that as well...you have actually gotten several members to join by mentioning it.

And, truth be known, there are individuals in other forums that have left ridgid specifically over you.

great, if they can't follow the rules, they should leave.

but, i bet you i have got more people to join the ridgid forum, than have left the forum.
funny part is one person that comes to mind hasn't been on the other forum since 7/28. so i guess he got tired of you too

but has been back here as recent as 8/9/08.

Don't kill the messenger.

let me quote your own bio "tormenting diy'ers"

your words not mine

right from the other site:

Name: Mark
Years in trade: under 50, more than a week
Trade certifications: Licensed Grump, part time mess-maker (home employment, a thing of the future)
Family: Tormented wife, even more tormented ten yr old
Hobbies: Guitar, tormenting DIY'ers, long walks in the park with my fluffy little kitterns and adoring wife (hyperbole...gotta spruce it up fer the image), watching desperate housewives and testing myself to see how long I can go before experiencing nausea to impress the wife (record to date, ten seconds...I'm pretty sure thats the show with the hot older chicks and all the melodrama), did I mention tormenting DIY's?

Goals: World domination, one toilet at a time.

so even though it's a private forum, anyone can read any and all post. you really need to fix that as the ones that you don't want to help, are actually finding out all they need to know from your site.

rick.
Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; Today at 03:15 AM.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
After being called "rude", "condescending" and "bashing DIYers" by other members of the Ridgid forum, I have decided to stay away from there.
I like the PRO PLUMBER's ONLY format here. And I can't be a member at a place that caters to every strange DIYer that comes along and wants plumbers to help them do a job just so they can avoid paying a local plumber themselves. I just don't agree with it. And I can't hold my tongue every time someone comes along and says, "Hey guys, can you help me out? I am trying to replace my gas water heater because I can't afford to hire a plumber since they are all ripoffs, can you guys tell me how to do this?"
NO! I will not help you out, replacing a gas water heater is dangerous, and requires working knowledge of plumbing codes, and a plumbing license in many states (including my own state). You need to call a plumber!!!

I was reprimanded by other members for giving advice like that, and was told to stay out of the 'ask the expert' section if my advice was to call a plumber. My advice will be to call a plumber in most situations, because Harry Homeowner is taking serious risks by trying to do the plumber's job. I know in some states, homeowners are legally allowed to do whatever they want on their own home. Here in North Carolina, working on the DWV system, the domestic water system or a gas pipe system requires a plumbing license...period. The only plumbing thats allowed without a license is fixtures. Anything from the angle stops up is ok. So replacing/repairing a faucet or toilet is ok. All else requires a license for liability reasons. Anyway, I like the PRO plumbing format (no DIYers or handymen) here, and here is where I'll be doing my posting.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Well, I got a little carried away a month or so ago on Terry's forum, though most of it turned out to be a misunderstanding as to who I actually was ( I am pretty much always me) I do not suffer fools. I have little or no tolerance for morons trying to fish out estimates or get ammunition to use against legitimate licensed plumbers and unfortunatly the diy forums's ar full of them. It is disengenuous for a licensed plumber to give "free" advice to someone a thousand miles away who may or may not be telling the truth when it comes to things like permitting, experiance and testing. It's all well and good for the diy schmuck to assert that he will indeed have his hack job permitted and inspected but you and I both know he's probably lying. We are freekin professionals. Like doctors and lawyers and judges. Our profession is older than every other profession with the exception of soldiers and whores. We have been plumbing for over 2000 years. We are a brother hood that needs to unite and stick together. Why in gods name would any of us work from within to take the food or our own tables? It's bad enough that the wholesalers and box stores are gutting us, do they really need inside help? If you are a licensed plumber, and you are giving out specific detailed advice than you are harming us all. Please stop now before it's too damn late. Wonder why the median average pay for all plumbers is just 44 grand a year? Guys like you are one of the causes.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Who's this "DuckButter" guy...man he seems charismatic, and good lookin' too!

I want to ber clear, that forum has some FANTASTIC guys, as does this and CT.
The copy/pasting of my "profile" was done by one individual who seems to think he's the next Bob Villa of plumbing.

Ironically it was a joke when I originally posted it here, he thought it was serious. (walks in the park with the wife and fluffy kittens?)

I have always been fully aware that every post I make on a public forum is public, excepting the private section here..thank you Nathan for that small space for sanity.

I linger on a few forums, THIS one has my biggest hopes.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Got to watch posting. There was someone over on ct who had a problem with his place of employment over some posts or remarks made.

I know who he is, but out of courtesy I will not mention his name.

Do not say anything you are not willing to have others see on any forum.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Latley I've been targeting a praticulary nasty fellow who's idea of fun is to google every damn topic he can and then post pages of mindless drivel so he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He's unlicensed, untrained and likes to do his own gas piping. I'll probably get tossed again or at least warned but this hole really pisses me off.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Latley I've been targeting a praticulary nasty fellow who's idea of fun is to google every damn topic he can and then post pages of mindless drivel so he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He's unlicensed, untrained and likes to do his own gas piping. I'll probably get tossed again or at least warned but this hole really pisses me off.

Idiot. Plain and simple. Let us know if he shows up here!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
We have the best place on the net, no other can compare. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Oh yeah, there's another topic that burns my ass.

Customers that say "I looked online and learned you could have installed an AAV instead of charging me for all that extra work."

I call them "Internet Einsteins"

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I pretty much stopped visiting that forum entirely, not so much because of the DIY factor, which can be ignored, but the attitudes of some of the longtime members there. I have little respect for close minded people that have no use for another opinion, and has someone following them around reinforcing the fact that your opinion is not welcome.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts