Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Traps with built in AAV: :blink:

Attachments

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
We have a DIY/hack "plumber" that frequents our local blowes who also happens to be a drag queen........A really scruffy manly looking drag queen with blonde pig tails and short shorts.

Mulleted men with crappy t-shirts carrying a combination of galvanized, PVC, CPVC, and brass fittings. Attempting to screw the whole conglomoration together:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
We have a DIY/hack "plumber" that frequents our local blowes who also happens to be a drag queen........A really scruffy manly looking drag queen with blonde pig tails and short shorts...

Those can actually be quite handy, they are just to expensive
Did he say what I thought he said?
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I couldn't resist...

I personally have never used Zurn Q-Pex fittings.
I don't know why anyone would.

I like watching mullet man then take his whole conglomeration of parts and stick it into a Gatorbite fitting screwed on the display....

Oops Gatorbites don't release like Sharkbites do...

Now all mulletman's parts are permanently attached to the Gatorbite display....:laughing:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
When you buy them dirt cheap, they are perfect for manifolds to test tubing in floors.
I suppose but just having them around they might get mixed in with the good stuff and next thing you know....:cry:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I currently have jobs done with said fittings that are more than ten years old but I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse. I don't use zurn anymore because I've found a lower cost supplier so I don't know why I bother defending them.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I couldn't resist...

I like watching mullet man then take his whole conglomeration of parts and stick it into a Gatorbite fitting screwed on the display....

Now all mulletman's parts are permanently attached to the Gatorbite display....:laughing:
LMFAO:laughing:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I couldn't resist...

There is a pic of that very thing around here somewhere. I'll look later. Gotta go give the dog a haircut

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Mulleted men with crappy t-shirts carrying a combination of galvanized, PVC, CPVC, and brass fittings. Attempting to screw the whole conglomoration together:
The worst part for me about going into lowes is seeing the people staring at fittings that thaey have NO IDEA how to use. WHY do people insist on DIY when they have no concept of what they are doing? If you helped out as plumber for a summer and have AT LEAST SOME experience, then I can understand trying to DIY. But the idiot homeowners whose sole purpose is to cheap out and avoid calling a plumber, even though they don't now sh!t...they make me mad.:furious:
The random guy holding cpvc, pvc and sharkbites and staring at them profundly....I see that guy (or gal) EVERY time I walk in that place. I always think to myself: they'll eventually have to call a plumber anyway after it leaks all over the place...oh well.:rolleyes:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
You’re wrong. They will glue that cpvc coupling onto a pex line and it will hold for a year or two. Just long enough for them to sell the place to an unsuspecting homeowner. The new guy gets to pay an insurance deductible and we all get higher HO insurance rates to pay for that guy/gals stupidity. Yep, big box stores are great.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The worst part for me about going into lowes is seeing the people staring at fittings that thaey have NO IDEA how to use. WHY do people insist on DIY when they have no concept of what they are doing? If you helped out as plumber for a summer and have AT LEAST SOME experience, then I can understand trying to DIY. But the idiot homeowners whose sole purpose is to cheap out and avoid calling a plumber, even though they don't now sh!t...they make me mad.:furious:
The random guy holding cpvc, pvc and sharkbites and staring at them profundly....I see that guy (or gal) EVERY time I walk in that place. I always think to myself: they'll eventually have to call a plumber anyway after it leaks all over the place...oh well.:rolleyes:
Just hand them a card and say when that don't work call me. :laughing:

Plumber Jim

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
No, actually they can search other forums and find those that give free advice to the ho.:censored:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts