Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are looking for a seasoned residential service Tradesmen or Journeymen plumber.
Minimum Starting Rate $26.00/hour, possibly more pending experience and knowledge.
Bonuses offered and over-time is likely.
Offer PTO, Holiday pay, and company paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
We are located and operate out of Hunt County Texas, and service some surrounding areas.

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,407 Posts
We are looking for a seasoned residential service Tradesmen or Journeymen plumber.
Minimum Starting Rate $16.00/hour, possibly more pending experience and knowledge.
We are located and operate out of Hunt County Texas, and service some surrounding areas.

good luck with finding a seasoned plumber for anything under 30 per hour

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
$16 an hour? I start raw newbies at $16, 90 days and I move them to $18. My master license plumber employees are in the $50 an hour range. Plus bonuses. And benefits.

Hunt county must be WAAAAY out in the sticks.

Reminds me of a job I applied at in the late 80's. Plumber wages were $14/$16 an hour, some out of town plumbing company from Texas was trying to hire at $6 an hour.

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
441 Posts
Minimum Starting Rate $16.00/hour, possibly more pending experience and knowledge.
You're asking for 3-6 years of experience, plus a license that cost them hundreds of dollars to get, and you're offering green apprentice wages. I say this without sarcasm: Good luck.

Companies making employment offers like this are the reason they can't hire and keep good people. "Now hiring, entry level, entry wages, must have XX years of experience." I can't keep a roof over my family's head and food on the table for less than $20/hr the way everything is priced these days.

Hunt county must be WAAAAY out in the sticks.
It's 40 min north of Dallas on Interstate 30. Not big, but not the middle of nowhere either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You all are absolutely correct, it was meant to be $26.00 as a starting rate with possibly higher pay with true experience we can use. That was a mistake on my part. You all have a nice day, and thank you for catching me on this!

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
441 Posts
You all are absolutely correct, it was meant to be $26.00 as a starting rate with possibly higher pay with true experience we can use. That was a mistake on my part. You all have a nice day, and thank you for catching me on this!
That makes alot more sense. I'd take that if I was still in northeast Texas

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,407 Posts
That makes alot more sense. I'd take that if I was still in northeast Texas
Dont make any more typos cause you saw what happens

We jumped you like a pack of wolves.........lol

·
4th year apprentice
1,113 Posts
OK, we all make mistakes, BUT, that one was pretty careless, and so deserves whatever responses he got. Would you hire someone who had typos on his resume? Would you brush it off so easily if an employee made a similar mistake on a customer's invoice and charged too little?

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,415 Posts
OK, we all make mistakes, BUT, that one was pretty careless, and so deserves whatever responses he got. Would you hire someone who had typos on his resume? Would you brush it off so easily if an employee made a similar mistake on a customer's invoice and charged too little?
agreed!

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Good point in that scenario! We all make typos, stupid autocorrect shenanigans. But this is a place to talk shop, have fun after hours….

·
Super Moderator
9,747 Posts
I just reread the first post this guy made and it says $26.00 hr on my computer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts