Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Plumber, Totally
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions for purchse of a Sonde and locator for my camera without locating ability? Not looking to go cheap, just not looking to replace an otherwise great camera! Thanks!

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions for purchse of a Sonde and locator for my camera without locating ability? Not looking to go cheap, just not looking to replace an otherwise great camera! Thanks!
No one can compete with Ridgid's line of locating equipment. With Ridgid's equipment there is no "sports-digging".

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
here is a cheap tip

you know those battery boosters you see at the auto parts ?

the ones that are rechargeable and you keep em in your truck for dead battery days ?

clamp em to your snake, they give offf 512 mhz

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Don't laugh but I use an old analog locator that came with the used spartan camera I bought a couple of years ago. I paid $2500 for everything. The rig is bigger than I wish it was but has served me well. I had it for about six months before I finally had the Spartan rep install a 512 mhz transmitter so I could actually use the locator. I have not missed yet with the analog locator. Took about 15 minutes to read the book and about 15 minutes to practice using it and I was good to go. If I felt limited by it I would upgrade but so far it has not let me down. As far as I can tell it will do whatever the Ridgid will do (yes I have used the Ridgid before) including telling me how deep I am. You do have to triangulate for depth but it takes about 1 minute to do. Don't know what the Ridgid costs but I'm assuming analog would be way cheaper. The transmitter will be the same regardless. If I were buying today I might buy the Ridgid because it is a bit easier but analog is not difficult, serves me well, and so I see no need to upgrade.

TotalPlumber I noticed you are from B'ham. Does your company name bear any similarity to your screen name? I'm the guy with the lion on his truck.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I believe the big difference in locators is their ability to discern from other sources of interference. The 6-antennas on the navitrac makes a big difference in busy areas.

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a rigid navi tracker that i'd be willing to sell to you if you're still in the market for one. let me know.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I've got a navitrak and 512 sonde I could unload. $1000.00 takes it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts