Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is along shot but does anyone know where I can get A Mansfield 208/209 flush valve? I have the seal but the guides are wore out and it will not seat properly. This is for a good customer that is having some tough luck and would rather do a 2 minute repair than sell him a new toilet.

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
our fergusons carry this flush valve, maybe yours does?
If your local Ferguson does not have it in stock they usually can get it form one that does stock them within a day. I have needed many of parts that they felt they did not need to stock here in the Chicago area, but was able to get the them from one of their other locations out west.

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Every toilet manufacture at some point has tried to follow that design to get the best flush, and the AS4 and the Kohler 5 series is just that.

The AS3 design was horrible as too many moving parts to consider.

The technology is working well in the millions. Mansfield hit the mark if everyone is trying to copy it. :yes:

Mansfields are the easiest toilet to work on; there's no 40 different flappers...there's just 1 that works and it's a flush valve seal.

What's odd is people either love them for 40 years and never replace them, or they constantly clog and people despise them.

And when people retrofit a mansfield? Game over in so many ways...the toilet is never the same.

·
Registered
567 Posts
How much time in labor are you spending finding the part? Is it cheaper to replace the flush valve?? Seems this two minute repair is much longer at this point.

I know this is along shot but does anyone know where I can get A Mansfield 208/209 flush valve? I have the seal but the guides are wore out and it will not seat properly. This is for a good customer that is having some tough luck and would rather do a 2 minute repair than sell him a new toilet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts