Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good plumber friend of mine made the news today, thanks to all the Joe the Plumber news.

Here is the link for everyone to see. I'd upload a youtube video of it but I don't know how to convert flash file to youtube format.

http://www.kval.com/news/31209694.html?video=YHI&t=a

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Keyword "He's Licensed" Hat's off to the guy for doing what is normal in this profession.

Women probably hire him solely for his accent.

Does he call them "taps" when he works on faucets?

Hopefully all the Licensed Joes gain income from this sordid tragedy we must face. :laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to ask him if he calls them taps, I had just pulled into my supply house and there he was in with the news media, right then and there I knew what it was about. this was Joes day, all about Joe

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
That's fantastic!!!

I'm going to change my business name to "Joe the Plumber".....

Wait...Better yet: "Joe the Licensed Plumber"!!

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
There seems to be a lot of comment about Joe not being Licensed.

In California, an apprentice or Journeyman plumber does not need to be licensed. His employer needs to be the only one Licensed. In fact Union plumbers who are employed by a licensed plumbing contractor cannot have an active license.

This may be the case with Joe the Plumber.

Now, his tax problems are another story.

California also does not qualify a Journeyman plumber as "Master Plumber".

·
Registered
179 Posts
Someone told me that the news said Joe the plumber was not licensed. Is it true? As far as being taxed more on 250k and up I don't see the problem. You are taxed on your profit not gross, I have found that a lot of business owner around here can't understand that. Your doing pretty good if you have 250k left after paying all of your expences for the year.

·
Master Plumber
76 Posts
A news station here had a Joe the plumber on the news that worked for a company the next county over.
They said his full name, so I looked him up on the Maryland Dept. of Lic. and Reg. website.
NO one under this name held a maryland plumbing Lic.
How stupid could a company owner be to get free advertizement and not have his men licensed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts