Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened yeasterday on a school I am working on. One of my pipe insulators walks outside to plug a cord in and goes out cold on the ground. Lays there for about 15 seconds in a seizure like state. I take him to the Emergency room for what I think is heat exhaustion. It was about 95 yesterday here. They do a preventative MRI since he cracked his head pretty good when he went down. Turns out his brain is full of little tumors and they are also pretty well everywhere else. He is 37.

Don't put off your physicals, even if your young. Never hurts to get checked out once a year or so.

Sorry for the bad sentences. My linkage from the brain to the fingers doesn't work too well in front of a keyboard.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope he is ok and recovers quickly. My family will add him into our prayers. What is his name?

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Brain cancer moves very fast. I lost a friend a few years ago to it. From diagnosis to death was a little under 3 months. I'm not suggesting he should by any means give up hope. I'm not a doctor. If it were me I would certainly fight it every step of the way.

You might suggest in a tactful way that if he hasn't discussed his future with his Creator that now might be a good time to do that.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
i was at the eye doctor 2 years ago when they mentioned that there was a black spot at the back of my optic nerve. I went back last year and they seemed concerned enough to want me to get an MRI or a CAT scan, cant remember which, maybe they are the same thing. I been getting severe headaches lately , but I have not gone yet. I have way too many bills to pay. I cant afford 2,000.00 for the scan. So I just keep popping aspirin and hoping.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Health

USP

I know you mention about not being able to afford it. BUt what if it's something really bad! Do you have a wife and kids. Do it for them. They need you to be part of there lifes.

Last year they found an 2 masses in my left kidney. So I had e-ray after x-ray and cat scans or what ever they are called. basically went through 6-8 months of testing to see what it was. During this time they found a kidney stone that was 10mm big. So I had to have it broken up! But to find out they think I have 2 sis in my kidney! so I go through test every 6 months.

I also found out I was a diabetic last year as well. My surgar was running 270 for 3 months kept having bad headaches. Kinda got it under control now (not the best diabetic patient.)

So my bottom line is to do for your family Hospitals will work with you on payments. Well at least mine is.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
i was at the eye doctor 2 years ago when they mentioned that there was a black spot at the back of my optic nerve. I went back last year and they seemed concerned enough to want me to get an MRI or a CAT scan, cant remember which, maybe they are the same thing. I been getting severe headaches lately , but I have not gone yet. I have way too many bills to pay. I cant afford 2,000.00 for the scan. So I just keep popping aspirin and hoping.
I have to assume you have a family, wife kids.
If so, get your ass to the doctor!

As for the o/p's friend, my best wishes...hopefully it's quick and painless.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Wish I could, but between my 3 sons I had to shell out 95,000.00 in the past 4 years. The worst part is their conscience dont even bother them about trying to repay me. They left me high and dry. They ruined my framing business by acting stupid and doing the stupidest things I had ever seen, they ruined my plumbing business by doing the same. I am about bankrupt. I keep holding on to the dream I started with. To be a framer and plumber. I have a hard time getting contracted work because of them They did not understand the need to get things done on time. They thought you go to work just to check out the girls and chat. Now that things got hard, they left and left me holding the bag. I had also took on a buisness partner who was to run the framing end of things while I took care of the plumbing end. He was only working about 5 hours a day. That was bull! It got so bad I fired him but not before they reposessed my pick up truck. Right now I dont even have a drainfield. I dug an out house to use. You think they care? No, they dont. Oh well, I am not a quitter and will keep holding on to what little I have. I in no way will give up the American dream. I am me and thats that. So in short, thats why I can not afford to go to get a CAT scan. They dont know it, but I am willing my house and tools to my Grandchildren.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Dang USP45.

Them are hard times, keep you chin up and head high, things will get better, positive attitude is what it's all about. :thumbsup:
thanks Ron. The world has kicked my butt. I am not the type to sit back and let it happen, I will get mine. In due time, in due time!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Dang USP45.

Them are hard times, keep you chin up and head high, things will get better, positive attitude is what it's all about. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I tried to merge the post, all is good. got out in wrong order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts