Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didn’t see my post in the “random picture thread”, here’s a few pictures of some of the cool stuff my master gave me. Probably more to come. I’ll add more of my existing collection later. Just wondering about your collection.

Old school Michigan code book. No date.

Attachments

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,402 Posts
I have some of my grandfathers plumbing tools and his old wooded tool box. It had one of those old red “fire extinguisher glass balls” that as a kid I threw in the park. I’ve heard some where the stuff inside could be toxic..

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some of my grandfathers plumbing tools and his old wooded tool box. It had one of those old red “fire extinguisher glass balls” that as a kid I threw in the park. I’ve heard some where the stuff inside could be toxic..
I didn’t know until he died, but my grandfather was a pipe fitter before I was born. I always knew him as a finish carpenter and gardener. I was offered everything plumbing when he died. NY state and a rental sedan. Grabbed what I could, which wasn’t as much as I wanted looking back. I’m the type that doesn’t feel like my dead loved ones owe me a damn thing. Now that I’m deeper into the trade, I regret not taking more. There wasn’t anything super special collection wise, but they were Pupup’s tools.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
.......... I’m the type that doesn’t feel like my dead loved ones owe me a damn thing. Now that I’m deeper into the trade, I regret not taking more. There wasn’t anything super special collection wise, but they were Pupup’s tools.
When my grandfather passed my mother wouldn't let me take his pair of 5' pipe wrenches. He had 3" steam mains in his house. Pretty sweet house.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,402 Posts
I didn’t know until he died, but my grandfather was a pipe fitter before I was born. I always knew him as a finish carpenter and gardener. I was offered everything plumbing when he died. NY state and a rental sedan. Grabbed what I could, which wasn’t as much as I wanted looking back. I’m the type that doesn’t feel like my dead loved ones owe me a damn thing. Now that I’m deeper into the trade, I regret not taking more. There wasn’t anything super special collection wise, but they were Pupup’s tools.
Wow..
My grandfather became plumber after he got back from the war, but he also did carpentry, auto upholstery, painting on the side and was a big time gardener and outdoors man too.

My father(who was a business man) was killed by a drunk driver when I was 5, my grandfather died very shortly after of a heart attack(broken heart?). So I didn’t get much time with either of them but Plumbing and business was in my blood.
(This past Monday was the 39th anniversary of my fathers death, my mother was having a hard time, saying even tho that was a life time ago it still isn’t easy.)

As for the things that were left behind by them- my uncle who couldn’t hang a picture got first pick most of their stuff, but I guess I was 5-6 years old at the time, so it was useless to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow..
My grandfather became plumber after he got back from the war, but he also did carpentry, auto upholstery, painting on the side and was a big time gardener and outdoors man too.

My father(who was a business man) was killed by a drunk driver when I was 5, my grandfather died very shortly after of a heart attack(broken heart?). So I didn’t get much time with either of them but Plumbing and business was in my blood.
(This past Monday was the 39th anniversary of my fathers death, my mother was having a hard time, saying even tho that was a life time ago it still isn’t easy.)

As for the things that were left behind by them- my uncle who couldn’t hang a picture got first pick most of their stuff, but I guess I was 5-6 years old at the time, so it was useless to me.
That’s too bad! Families can be azzholez when money/property is involved in a death! Seen it many times.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,712 Posts
If you didn’t see my post in the “random picture thread”, here’s a few pictures of some of the cool stuff my master gave me. Probably more to come. I’ll add more of my existing collection later. Just wondering about your collection.

View attachment 129755 View attachment 129756 View attachment 129757 View attachment 129760 View attachment 129761

Old school Michigan code book. No date.

View attachment 129762

I am shocked and appalled by all this sexist garbage you have put on line here...

Rigid tools should be embarrassed and humiliated for the way they behaved back in
the 70s and 80s.... They should be cancelled culture out of business for ever exploiting
and humiliating those smoking hot chicks this way--

Tango, you are from Canada... I am sure you are offended too......

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
I am shocked and appalled by all this sexist garbage you have put on line here...

Rigid tools should be embarrassed and humiliated for the way they behaved back in
the 70s and 80s.... They should be cancelled culture out of business for ever exploiting
and humiliating those smoking hot chicks this way--

Tango, you are from Canada... I am sure you are offended too......

Did you know in our area they will build Gender-neutral change rooms? This is some strange $hit. What the Fock does that mean anyway, someone who doesn't have a pe_nis or a va_gina? That would mean there a lot of them out there that I never knew existed. I guess marylin manson was tottally correct.

What truly offends me are the price whinners, I told a woman 3 times before and during the work it would take this much time at $$-hr for this particular fix and this much for another fix and she gave me the go ahead each time. It was a very very tough job and she complained at the bill. She didn't even pay yet, I'll wait 24 hours to phone if not I'll go knock on the door..

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Did you know in our area they will build Gender-neutral change rooms? This is some strange $hit. What the Fock does that mean anyway, ...........

You really can't discern that a gender-neutral bathroom might mean it's for any gender? As in it's not gender specific? As in anyone can use it?

Now you're just pretending not to understand.

Reactions: Master Mark

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,712 Posts
You really can't discern that a gender-neutral bathroom might mean it's for any gender? As in it's not gender specific? As in anyone can use it?

If I ever go into a gender neutral bathroom and I will certainly hose down that toilet seat real well
just for kicks...

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts

Ooh sooory! If they wouldn't use those fancy technical terms instead of using what everyone calls it then I'd know.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ooh sooory! If they wouldn't use those fancy technical terms instead of using what everyone calls it then I'd know.
Gender neutral, so now instead of teaching my kids about the birds and the bees, I have to teach them about birds that want to be bees and bees that turn into birds? I’m screwed....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts