Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I'm not sure if I agree with him about plumber #3 making things better by adding that check valve.....I dont see how adding a check valve would help things at all if there where other cross connections,seems like it might make things worse by reducing the number of paths in which the hot water could take,making all it go in one direction toward that urinal maybe. Who knows maybe the line he put the check valve in was the line giving the system relief some how?

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without giving the whole story away,

Plumber #3 was on the hook the most because he didn't fully assess the problem.

When a plumber is called out to fix a problem, there has to be a degree of culpability where just a simple fix doesn't mean you don't own the situation.

It would of been in Plumber #3's best interest to test the system, find other issues and red flag it before leaving without a signed invoice...but I think even then the signed document doesn't mean squat unless you took strong arm tactic action.

I wish I brought more D-chips with me that day to tape it all, because there's a lot more to the story on this one.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
#3 was totally at fault, he created a closed system, without providing meens for thermal expansion. What I don't understand his how #2 had any liability, if he bid the repairs, what else could he do? Maybe turn them into to local code enforment or the health department or may OSHA? Sounds like solid sales technique to me???

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
@ 1:16 ,

:laughing:,

def drinks beer,

likes nascar,

and he knew your were recording and didnt like it

:thumbup:

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
This is really funny.... here you got a guy giving a speach about liablity and all the time they are serving alcohol..

Dollar to a donut that this is a seminar put on by some manufacture and the booze is free...

Doesn't he realize that if something would happen to any one of those guys on the way home he would be liable...:whistling2:

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Backflow Meeting

Drinks are never free

Dinner is

I've never been to one yet where it isn't at a bar/restaurant combo.

I'd think it'd be a hard sell to get those guys to show up without alcohol. One guy got tossed for being torqued before he even arrived, even though he told everyone 5 times each that he was a Kentucky Colonel. ??? :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts