Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Leaky WH

7K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  WDP 
#1 ·

See less See more
#5 ·
This thing has been leaking for about 6 months or so, according to the manager, 250 gallon gas. I know the tankless fans will be happy, cause we're gonna replace it with a pair of Rinnai's. It was way oversized to begin with, so it does'nt make a lot of sense to go back with the same. I'd like to take some guesses on the price of a direct replacement. My jaw is still on the floor from that quote. I will be posting the "after" pics, as soon as I can.

#18 ·
My handy man said that you could glue some T-1-11 base board around it, then screw sheet metal around it. Do you think that would hold for another 2 yrs?

Im guessing looking at another tank replacement, 15k out the door, installed?

#24 ·
My handy man said that you could glue some T-1-11 base board around it, then screw sheet metal around it. Do you think that would hold for another 2 yrs?

Im guessing looking at another tank replacement, 15k out the door, installed?
The tank we replaced is on the first page 250 gallon. Less than 10k for this replacement:)

#35 ·
Rinnai's use the Ubblink (sp?) vent system designed for it. It has a stainless steel inner vent pipe and a PVC outer piece. It vents out the inner pipe and draws air in through the outer section, making the pipe cool to the touch.

Oh jeez that's corect, I can't believe I forgot that. :whistling2: I remember it was sort of a pain to cut it to a particular length, doable but not my favorite thing to do. I just finished the Noritz N-0841MC, nice unit but pricey. Thanks for the refresher.

WD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.