Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Owner ," Are you sure it's my responsibility to pay for this thing to be replaced ?"

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thing has been leaking for about 6 months or so, according to the manager, 250 gallon gas. I know the tankless fans will be happy, cause we're gonna replace it with a pair of Rinnai's. It was way oversized to begin with, so it does'nt make a lot of sense to go back with the same. I'd like to take some guesses on the price of a direct replacement. My jaw is still on the floor from that quote. I will be posting the "after" pics, as soon as I can.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
This thing has been leaking for about 6 months or so, according to the manager, 250 gallon gas. I know the tankless fans will be happy, cause we're gonna replace it with a pair of Rinnai's. It was way oversized to begin with, so it does'nt make a lot of sense to go back with the same. I'd like to take some guesses on the price of a direct replacement. My jaw is still on the floor from that quote. I will be posting the "after" pics, as soon as I can.
We are going to hold you to the picture thing:thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I like the colors, light blue, dark blue, green and pink, whats up with the cool colors?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That 2" pvc going into the floor drain is required to have an air gap on it, minimum is same as the pipe size....i watch too many backflow videos. Nice color scheme i agree, should paint a unicorn on the side and sell it as art.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update

iduhwh 011.jpg
Here's the first of the 2 replacement heaters.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
My handy man said that you could glue some T-1-11 base board around it, then screw sheet metal around it. Do you think that would hold for another 2 yrs?

Im guessing looking at another tank replacement, 15k out the door, installed?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts