Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,709 Posts
Perhaps that product in the video is high-quality; I don't know and so can't comment on it.

I pulled up a video of a plumber out in Washington state who was using the LD-12 made by SubSurface. In his video he did the locate on a Saturday, marked the driveway and left. His men come Monday and did the repair. His mark was dead center over the leak. So that's why I bought the same unit that he has.

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

· Registered
310 Posts
I’m running goldak at the moment. Works good enough. Used general gen-ear or something like that and it was good to start. I have seen a system where they charge the lines with hydrogen and have a meter that is testing the air for hydrogen. Seems pretty neat. I’ll have to find a link if I can

· Registered
310 Posts
I’m running goldak at the moment. Works good enough. Used general gen-ear or something like that and it was good to start. I have seen a system where they charge the lines with hydrogen and have a meter that is testing the air for hydrogen. Seems pretty neat. I’ll have to find a link if I can

here’s the link to the hydrogen unit I was referring to.

· Registered
310 Posts
My old employers, both of them, had the “gen-ear”. It would work if you put air on the lines and listened for the squirts. It was neat how you could also hear a radio or tv that was on next door sometimes.
The gen ear was a good unit. Then I started using the goldak 777 and I was blown away at how much easier it was to hear leaks. Haven’t gone back to the gen ear since

1 - 20 of 40 Posts