Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
I did some work at a power plant with a fitter, who doesn't like to plumb, because at the power plants, it involves a lot of backed up drains. We pulled a urinal and got the rod going, JC looked at me and said, "so we're layin' in the piss." I still think of that a lot. Last night I worked overnight in a restaurant. The lookout for one of the urinals was crooked, so there was a gap of about one inch on the right side of the urinal. I was called last week because the urinal was leaking at the outlet connection. I pull it, and discover a plastic drain flange was used. WTF!? So, the GC has somebody open the back wall, and I repipe the 2" drain line so it's squared up. I go into the bathroom, install a spigot male adapter, and a brass drain flange. I try to hang the urinal and I can't get it to line up. I finally realise, the studs on brass drain flange are 4" apart, the urinal is a Zurn, and it's holes are 5.25" on center. Now it's about 2 a.m. and I am screwed. I ended up drilling new holes in the urinal. I burned up 3 tile bits and a couple of masonry bits, but I did it, without breaking the china. I guess Zurn wants you to use their brass if you buy their china. I wonder why the installing chimp plumber just didn't use the brass flange that came with the urinal. Every urinal I have installed had a brass drain flange in the box. So Zurn is on my ****list right now.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I ve never used a brass flange on a urnial, i have always used plastic ones. BUT, i do secure the plastic ones to the wall once i have the flange bolts lined up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts