Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me with this issue.
My in laws have a small cottage on Long Beach Island,NJ. The house still has galvanized pipe in it and it is in tough shape. They want to replace it from the house shutoff and all the piping is in the basement, easily accessible. Does NJ code allow PEX tubing for water and what is the going labor rate?
I would do it myself but it is a six hour ride each way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I take it you not a plumber?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I hope someone can help me with this issue.
My in laws have a small cottage on Long Beach Island,NJ. The house still has galvanized pipe in it and it is in tough shape. They want to replace it from the house shutoff and all the piping is in the basement, easily accessible. Does NJ code allow PEX tubing for water and what is the going labor rate?
I would do it myself but it is a six hour ride each way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For a nominal fee, I'll be happy to consulate with you. Please have a major credit card with a large limit ready.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have spoke with people all over the us about labor rates and I have heard everything from 20-300 an hour. What is it worth to the individual that needs the job done, thats the bottom line.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Hey, I am in NJ for a few days, could use some cash!

Worked with my dad while here and he told me he is plumbing for 20.00 PH. Said if he did not drop his price he would be out of work.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Hey, I am in NJ for a few days, could use some cash!

Worked with my dad while here and he told me he is plumbing for 20.00 PH. Said if he did not drop his price he would be out of work.
I'd go be a freakin greeter at Walmart before I did that.
Without the expenses it's probably better paying.:whistling2:

Comes a time ya just gotta draw that line in the sand.:yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts