Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Certified Lunatic
20,659 Posts
And as a side note if i may........That Am Std 2pc that you can flush a gank of golf balls down isnt a shabby toilet iffin you can find a dealer with a good price :thumbsup:
Cadet III is better in my opinion. I've put the champion in before and vowed never again. What are they on #6 already.
I think it is 4 they are up to now but I may be wrong they were on Champion I when I stopped Installing them....

Call me a fast learner... But 2 defective on the first 2 you installed call for strong measures....

I think he was talking about the cadet 3 .
I install a lot of those.
I'm getting the round bowl for about $ 155 and the elongated for about $180.
No! Champion advertised the 2 dozen golf ball flush...
Although it is not nearly as hard a test as you imagine...
But I've never pooped a golf ball....

· Registered
132 Posts
yeah, i was referring to the champion. but i think the cadet has the same flush system. The only thing i have noticed about the champion is the flush cycle seems rather abrupt, certainly due to the flush valve diameter. Some customers notice that fact because they are accustomed to the long drawn out flush like with the 2pc kohler.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just tried to use the "Kohler" hinge flapper for a 3434 but wouldnt ya know it didnt fit right on the flush valve. Went to the truck got the $4.37 Korky brand hinge flapper and it worked like a charm. F U Kohler. F U. I will never ever spec Kohler fixtures for a job and will use every opportunity to rip your fixtures and faucets and replace with good old Delta and American Standard.

· Ridgid tool user
4,911 Posts
Kohler Wellworth toilets:
Well worth beating the hell out of with an ax.
The flush mechanism sucks hide tit.
It's all just a name... Who needs Jordash or calvin klein when Wal-mart has levi's that are far better, and cheaper!!!!
I rent and needed a new toilet and someone was giving a wellworth away for free on craigslist. I rebuilt it and put in a keeney flushall. Works awsome, not one backup yet.

Much later, I install a brand new wellworth looks the same as mine. Doesn't flush so hot. I really think that flushall has helped it out. BTW, the flushall puts more strain on the chain and I had 3 callbacks on the chain breaking, not to include my own chain breaking. Replaced them with SS wire(all I had at the time) and seems to be working fine.

We also have a kohler white cast iron kitchen sink....everything and anything makes a mark on that frickin sink. Not that old but looks terrible now.

· Banned
8,893 Posts
I love how they don't get the porcelain coating down under the rim, so it rusts up real nice where it sits on the countertop.
I ran into that recently with their vessel sinks.

I caulked the sinks early in the morning and then noticed the red ring of rust about 6 hours later when I was cleaning up and packing up to go. I had a ferry to catch.

We've been back a number of times to swap out rusting sinks since then.

The GC finally shelled out the money to have the sinks baked and properly sealed when I told him I was done paying to come out and swap out sinks he bought.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
This isn't Kohler but when I ran into this today I thought about the pic Red posted of the kohler toothpaste dispenser. This is a duravit sink and leg kit, the instructions were in German so I hope I did it right, the leg kit was an over complicated POS. A grohe faucet which was the easiest part of the install, other than a 15 floor trip to the truck for a metric socket set to tighten it up. The trap is a grohe drum trap,and was the most over complicated piece of garbage I have ever installed, it was over engineered and the chrome was so thick I could hardly cut it with a file. When I finally got it down to brass it was a super sloppy fit into the trap adapter, I did finally get it soldered but it was a PITA.

Sink Bathroom sink Plumbing fixture Property Bathroom

Plumbing fixture

Wall Bathroom Glass Plumbing fixture Shower

Plumbing fixture Plumbing Room Glass Bathroom

I was sent out for a lav install, LOL they called after 2 hrs and asked why I wasn't done. This took over 4 hours to figure out and properly install, after doing one I could prolly do another in 3 hrs maybe!

My comment when I seen this thing was what was wrong with kohler? LOL

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I was on a job about a month ago. The job was going great, until customer said those 3 famous words," While your here", can you look at my toilet. It was a Kohler Devonshire, with that wide a$$ flapper, & the flapper was concave so bad, I don't know how it held water. I knew I had the flapper, but had to look through all my Kohler parts drawers. Thats when I realized, I have atleast 10, to 12 different flappers, just for Kohler. Totally outrageous. I haven't even had to deal with one of those O ring things on the canister type flush valve yet.

I guess the word UNIVERSAL, is against Kohlers,.......(sorry to mention it again)......religion.:laughing:

· Registered
2 Posts
It is impossible for me to say "everything Kohler sucks", but I would not be surprised. At least every Kohler product I have ever owned blows. 1) double bowl kitchen sink. odd shaped bowls mean nothing standard fits! Requires Kohler garbage. 2) Kohler water saving toilet. a) very inadequate flushing, b) does not contain splashes (you know what I mean guys) requiring cleaning more often than every other brand I own, and c) ONCE AGAIN, proprietary valve means standard parts don't work. 3) Something as simple as a "soft close toilet seat" - - - the only one in my house that slams into itself when closing both the seat and the lid. I will never buy another Kohler product.

· Super Moderator
12,219 Posts
It is impossible for me to say "everything Kohler sucks", but I would not be surprised. At least every Kohler product I have ever owned blows. 1) double bowl kitchen sink. odd shaped bowls mean nothing standard fits! Requires Kohler garbage. 2) Kohler water saving toilet. a) very inadequate flushing, b) does not contain splashes (you know what I mean guys) requiring cleaning more often than every other brand I own, and c) ONCE AGAIN, proprietary valve means standard parts don't work. 3) Something as simple as a "soft close toilet seat" - - - the only one in my house that slams into itself when closing both the seat and the lid. I will never buy another Kohler product.
Worst intro ever!

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
Kohler is a great product. SMH. 1.6 pressure assist toilets are the bomb. Sell and install at least 6-10 a month. Every new home we do get them. And im sorry, but any toilet, any flush, can leave evidence. I think this theory should be documented and published on youtube. With proper variables. Different food groups, and different toilets. Im sure there would be a lot of similarities.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,331 Posts
Kohler is a great product. SMH. 1.6 pressure assist toilets are the bomb. Sell and install at least 6-10 a month. Every new home we do get them. And im sorry, but any toilet, any flush, can leave evidence. I think this theory should be documented and published on youtube. With proper variables. Different food groups, and different toilets. Im sure there would be a lot of similarities.
They’re too loud for a house. Rich women don’t like them.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,331 Posts
well, enjoy all the other bull sh!t when you're at a guest house and stop up their half bath and no plunger in sight. 😂
I just don’t see the need for the average person. Most people don’t have a problem with regular toilets for it to be worth recommending something you can hear flush from across the house. Not to mention that all toilets can clog so it’s no silver bullet.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
I just don’t see the need for the average person. Most people don’t have a problem with regular toilets for it to be worth recommending something you can hear flush from across the house. Not to mention that all toilets can clog so it’s no silver bullet.
No. I’m right. You’re simply, wrong. Just wrong.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts