Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
For me the biggest reason why they suck is their repair parts...

So many proprietary parts and reinventing the wheel with every new product...

They have so many parts there is not one Kohler Distributor in the world that would stock them all... Heck the factory doesn't even stock them all... Seems like everytime I order a part from them it's back ordered with a 3 week wait before they ship it... Oh yea no overnite shipping either...:blink:

143 Fill Valves... http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohle...chparameters=fill+valve&pagenum=0&pagesize=12

79 Flappers... http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohle...earchparameters=flapper&pagenum=0&pagesize=12

191 Flush Valves... http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohle...hparameters=flush+valve&pagenum=0&pagesize=12

364 Stems... http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohle...t&searchparameters=stem&pagenum=0&pagesize=12

I shoulda gone to college to be a plumbing parts designer for Kohler...
Spend my whole life reinventing the wheel for every product making some Rube Goldberg looking crap with pleny of job security...:laughing:

Get a load of this one...
"I can fix your toilet..."
"Parts will be $462.20 My Cost!"
"What are you some kind of crook?"
"No Maam. As I stated that price is my cost from Kohler for the part...":whistling2:
"And it will take 3 weeks to get here..."
May I suggest a brand new Toto Toilet?"
364 stems. Why can they not just stick with one that works? Like Chicago Faucet, the used the same stem today that they made back in 1918. Guess they never heard of the K.I.S.S. theory.

Attachments

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Bought a replacement spool for the # 306 shw / tub valve ,,, $145 ,,,, ARE YOU SH***ING ME ??!!!

They drive me NUTS !!

Reactions: Redwood

· ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,328 Posts
Kohler is the exact polar opposite of the K.I.S.S. theory. Redwoods toothpaste dispenser says it all.

364 stems. Why can they not just stick with one that works? Like Chicago Faucet, the used the same stem today that they made back in 1918. Guess they never heard of the K.I.S.S. theory.

· new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Ok. since factory reps are watching I will mention another product that is crap.
B & K faucets. I will get back to yall with a model number of the lav faucet I am talking about. The pop-up assembly is tinker toy. The clip that attaches the lift rod to the pop-up lever will not hold. I have e-mailed the company with no response about this and other problems with them. Some of them leak around the handle as soon as you install it and test it out. It even comes with a wrench to adjust it with. Go figure. I guess they don't care or maybe I wasn't loud enough. :icon_mad:

· Certified Lunatic
20,659 Posts
Ok. since factory reps are watching I will mention another product that is crap.
B & K faucets. I will get back to yall with a model number of the lav faucet I am talking about. The pop-up assembly is tinker toy. The clip that attaches the lift rod to the pop-up lever will not hold. I have e-mailed the company with no response about this and other problems with them. Some of them leak around the handle as soon as you install it and test it out. It even comes with a wrench to adjust it with. Go figure. I guess they don't care or maybe I wasn't loud enough. :icon_mad:
What do you expect buying that Chinese Crap?:whistling2:

· Registered
542 Posts
I had a problem with Kohler's solf close seat on Friday, new toilet install, couldn't for the life of me get the toilet seat straight! I hate crooked toilet seats.

Toto's soft close seat, the little covers wont stay closed.

If you install enough of whats on the market, you are going to find that every Brand has its issues. Depends of which issues you can live with.

· Banned
8,893 Posts
My office toilet is a freebie Cimarron given to me by the Kohler rep about five years ago. Never had a stop up.

Western Pottery is a pretty good flush too.
Western Pottery is probably the best 'Low-End' water closet on the market.

As for Kohler toilets, I stopped recommending them years ago. I still like their tubs, tub/shower valves and waste and overflows, but their KS faucets and lav faucets are junk.

· Registered
542 Posts
My office toilet is a freebie Cimarron given to me by the Kohler rep about five years ago. Never had a stop up.

Western Pottery is a pretty good flush too.

I have Cimarrons in commercial applications, not one stoppage. A great toilet. Of course, get a high end wood seat :thumbsup:

· Registered
132 Posts
I will agree with the OP, kohler sucks. As far as a builders model w/c is concerned i install 2pc pro flow........ im sure someone will refer to me as a hack for this one but they are a fairly well built toilet and the mark up we get from selling the "package" deal from ferguson is purty good. When functionality is important such as a commercial install i recommend any pressure assist on the market, take your pick they all have the same inside parts.

· Registered
6,328 Posts
liquid plumber said:
And as a side note if i may........That Am Std 2pc that you can flush a gank of golf balls down isnt a shabby toilet iffin you can find a dealer with a good price :thumbsup:
Cadet III is better in my opinion. I've put the champion in before and vowed never again. What are they on #6 already.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts