Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I'm not a big fan of Kohler faucets, I like the mounting hardware they use, fast and simple.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Ive not installed many Kohlers, mostly American Standards. I have no problem with quick mounting the American Standard, I use one of those tube wrenches with the slots for the nuts. Dont even have to see them, it is self centering, so just reach up and under, tighten or losen.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
The last Kohler faucet I installed was K-108-3 lav faucet in a maids bathroom. I remember the model because the aerator was damaged and the supply house didn't have one in brushed nickel.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm more talking about the pull out faucets that take the large mounting nut in the center of the faucet, you run it up close to the top and use the two of three screws to finalize the set.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I'm more talking about the pull out faucets that take the large mounting nut in the center of the faucet, you run it up close to the top and use the two of three screws to finalize the set.
They stole that from Hansgrohe, they have used that system for years, as has Dornbracht.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stolen works for me, makes my job that much faster.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That's one of the only good things about the Kohler Kit. Faucet . Have gone to Delta ( # 470 ) as my go-to standard recommendation .

Wish Delta would "steal" that mounting bracket though !!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just yesterday I removed a AM/STD pullout faucet that had this mounting hardware, did not know they use it also.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not all, some had the bottom nut where you had to hope the basin wrench would fit it there and make it tight, then if you have to remove it and the threads were all gummed up, that really sucked.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nah ,, they are all different . Ron is right ,,, Kohler 's is the best with the large base nut and then the screws to crank it down . Also much easier to remove !

C

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Yeah Dunbar...just noticed you finally found this place...welcome buddy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts