Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a new pair. Getting tired of pulling them back up and the cushioning is dead...

Can anybody recommend a good brand that will hold up to daily use? I wear mine for the entire day.

Something that will last a long time is what I would prefer.

The pair I have had their name tag rubbed off long ago... So I can't tell you what I am running now :)

Anyways, any suggestions on a quality pair?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I have a pair of gelled pads, but I never put them on because I have yet to find a pair that can with stand the abuse I put them through. I'm tough on any kind of tool or protective gear.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i have these. i don't use them too much because i forget they're even in the truck. they do seem to be fairly comfortable though, i usually can't stand knee pads. they dig into the backs of my knees.

paul

·
Registered
398 Posts
I usually wear knee pads when doing radiant floors, but my one complaint about them is the lack of comfort around the back of your knees from the straps and them making your knees schweaty too (at times). It would be nice to find an option that just sticks to the front of your carharrts, or of Carhartt ever made real use of their apparent slot for knee pads by offering a knee pad that would work with it, or selling them with built in knee pads.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Skillers kneepad pants

tp://www.skillers.com/cgi-bin/store/store.cgi?&shop=skillers&L=eng&Category=kneeprotection

I cannot say enough great things about this company and their products. I would not be working as a plumber without them. I wear the navy blue 5633 for service and construction. They are lightweight, yet rugged.I cannot say enough good stuff about them.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I wear knee pads like a volleyball player would wear under my pants. They don't slide when your pants move when squatting , don't cut the backs of the legs. Very comfortable and tough.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
tp://www.skillers.com/cgi-bin/store/store.cgi?&shop=skillers&L=eng&Category=kneeprotection

I cannot say enough great things about this company and their products. I would not be working as a plumber without them. I wear the navy blue 5633 for service and construction. They are lightweight, yet rugged.I cannot say enough good stuff about them.

Thanks jj, these looks like a good Xmas gifts for my crew. I'll put their bonus checks in the pocket .:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use these in my Carhartts as the ones that Carhartt sells are to rigid, these are soft.....one peeve is that when you are about to kneel, you gotta kinda grab your pant leg and pull it up so the pad lines up with your knee. It's not bad if not moving around too much but if doing radiant floor heating, it gets annoying adjusting the pad before kneeling (which would be every time you tie the tubing down)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts