Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
To me it seems worthless most of the time, the energy will take the least path of resistance, here each fixture get a vent within said amount of distance, so the energy this produces will follow the line to the vent entrance, at that point all the energy will be expelled out through the vent, this losing it's power, and will have no effect on anything beyond the vent.

Reactions: Protech

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
If the vent tee is on the vertical, how do you see it blowing past the vent. It hits the tee and the energy is divided at that point, so how could that be? You will loose a good percentage of the energy at the vent. :whistling2:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
This is my own opinion. I don't expect anyone to agree with what I say about this.

Drum and bottle traps are non existent here, but when and if I do find one, it's all about replacement, find it, get rid of it, find a vent to clear it out at, I have never had an issue with a drain, even on a lav, if the trap is in good shape, I could walk the 1/4" cable around it and open line without ever pulling the trap. All I have to say about this device, to force a line open via pressure, is it won't stay open for long, it will clog back up in no time. It is just not the right way to do it.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Shame on all those that covered up those traps, I feel for the drain techs who have to deal with a bad rap as that. Don't look for me to move there anytime soon and open shop as a drain tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.