Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like to call my wife and keep her updated on every place I go. Not that she wants me to, but if something happens she will know where I was last, and which way I will be coming in. It should be a common practice to keep tabs on your employees as well. All kidding aside, this is true. A good friend of mine passed away about 5 years ago from a heart attack. He worked for a company that I also worked for. He ran the pump truck and usually stayed busy pumping out septic tanks and port a johns. They always sent him alone.I guess in a money sense this makes sense. But one day he went out and started to pump out a septic tank. The HO said she left at 9AM and he was standing there holding the hose when she left. She had gotten back in 9 hours later from work and noticed him sitting there on the mound of dirt with the pump running. She said she thought he left and came back later to finish, so she went on about her business. When her husband came in he went over to chat with him and thats when they discovered he was dead. The coroner said he had died earlier, about 10AM and had been there since. sad to think he died there all alone.

RIP Norman, I will never forget you and all the fun times we had.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I like to call my wife and keep her updated on every place I go. Not that she wants me to, but if something happens she will know where I was last, and which way I will be coming in. It should be a common practice to keep tabs on your employees as well. All kidding aside, this is true. A good friend of mine passed away about 5 years ago from a heart attack. He worked for a company that I also worked for. He ran the pump truck and usually stayed busy pumping out septic tanks and port a johns. They always sent him alone.I guess in a money sense this makes sense. But one day he went out and started to pump out a septic tank. The HO said she left at 9AM and he was standing there holding the hose when she left. She had gotten back in 9 hours later from work and noticed him sitting there on the mound of dirt with the pump running. She said she thought he left and came back later to finish, so she went on about her business. When her husband came in he went over to chat with him and thats when they discovered he was dead. The coroner said he had died earlier, about 10AM and had been there since. sad to think he died there all alone.

RIP Norman, I will never forget you and all the fun times we had.
Your right, I let my wife know where I am at just incase something happens....
Hate to hear that bro.....

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, he was a good friend too. I just think we need to communicate with others as to our whereabouts. You just dont know. You never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts