Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I better make a formal intro since that is protocol and I missed it earlier. I've already reaped some benefits here and hope to contribute whatever I can.
Name is Ken Roche, in Lake City Florida-licensed plumber and lived here 21 years. My first ten years of plumbing were in Chicago and since you needed to know the Cardinal or the mayor to get in the union it took 10 years to complete my Illinois apprenticeship. The laborers were doing sewer and between Lake county and Cook I was able to escape the wrath of the business agent more than once. But as it would turn out I moved at the finish of my 4 years. Service in Highland Park, Lake Forest, Wilmette, Northbrook and of course the city where I got to service Lake Shore drive high rises, rental buildings and the wonderful Lettuce entertain you restaurants among other rat infested locations(not the restaurants).
Started service in Fla. but got into new work quickly( you are getting sleepy) and then after 16 years of that I needed a change so I joined PSI. Helped me a bit. I dont have the metal for bigger commercial, cant stand residential anymore because of the slow pay and being a self proclaimed nice guy I take alot on the chin and pick up the broken pieces and cant get back charges very well (sleepier)....sooooo, I have laid off the pack and the secretary, kept my 2 sons ( I have grandkids that need to eat) and trying now to apply what I should have learned, in the full time service pursuit. Started breaking into Gainesville ( you are almost asleep) and it has picked up a bit. Whew!~.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz callplumbingnow.com--Im goint to have to change the logo and some proprietary things on the $2500 web page that no one except salesman call. Father was a pipefitter from the old days and after air conditioning came out, he did that---I went to college..............Oh and Europe a bunch of times ........oh and now Im not behind the desk and the belly has not yet disappeared.......... I can wear you out.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Know some of the Canadian contingent of PSI --very lovable people-eh. Also love Banff and the Banff Springs hotel I dont know how close that is to you, I reckon Alberta is big.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow. Its a week at a time but I've lived that way before. I like that Who Moved My Cheese book. Ive tried a couple of direct mail things that might pay off. Some of the new work guys are getting busy again but for what price. The weather has been great though-just finally started to feel the humidity kick in.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Stillaround - Now you have had your very own official welcome commitee!:thumbup:

Guys, you have to admit Stillaround is a great name and whenever we saw it our brains must have registered Still Around as in has been around PZ a long time. :)

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redwood, don't worry--the more I talk the bigger the target. Opportunity is on its way. I just hope I catch it before you do.
Plum, Thanks for the warm reception and help. A lot of high quality info here and I like way its put forth.
Bob, in Chicago I let one of those hamsters have the room I was working in. No need to fight over space.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks airgap. The one I saw in Chicago wasn't saluting. It was sizing me up. Eery how they do that.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts