Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take note. When installing a jetted tub, check all the factory connections. I did not tonight and the fittings at the pump was lose. Good thing I saw it when I did instead of the HO getting in for a good long bath! Why did I notice? Because I removed the access panel because the jets were not pumping like they should. Thats when I noticed the dripping water.

Tightened them and no leaks!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
good advice for pretty much any fixture. i have to admit i take factory connections for granted but have found a number of them to be loose, or cross threaded or whatever and had leaks. a full jaccuzi tub would make a big mess if there was a hidden leak underneath.

paul

·
Registered
425 Posts
Take note. When installing a jetted tub, check all the factory connections. I did not tonight and the fittings at the pump was lose. Good thing I saw it when I did instead of the HO getting in for a good long bath! Why did I notice? Because I removed the access panel because the jets were not pumping like they should. Thats when I noticed the dripping water.

Tightened them and no leaks!
I've had two Hydro System's bite me.One,the socket for the unions not glued.Two,smashed an O-ring.It's almost like they assemble the unions on the pumps then glue to the tub.Glad you got it without any down time.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We put the waste pop-up on at the shop and fill em with a hose. It's a lot easier to run them there than the jobsite.

Also, don't let your monkeies lift em by the pipes:no:

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
be sure to check the ones from slowes. They sell jacuzzi brand. 2 out of 3 will have leaks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts