Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as many of you know, Jerry Mac, a retired plumber and drain cleaner from california lived in Utah, on SS, he was offered a job from Trojan Tool as outside sales, so he moved down to Houston, TX, got an apt and the rest is supposed to be history, well, he showed up to work and found out that this week while on the road, the company made changes and he lost his position.

He is pennyless and jobless in Houston.

I started a poll on Ridgid, alot of us have know Jerry for a long time, and figure that it would be cool for us to help a little.

I did my part, now here is his number if you can do a little something to help.

801-347-2240

I am sure anything sent by mail will help him until he gets on his feet. Even if you can't help, call to show him support.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
JERRY---I know how you feel .In 1985 I bought a new van stocked it up with all new Gorlitz equip.The owners of the co told me 10% of any sales.When I got home from the show hardly anyone in our area had ever seen this kind of equip .So it sorta sold its self I made some good money in my town, so I hit the road going to georgia, Atlanta first then down the coast hitting all the big towns .After showing the equip .and leaving folders with my name and phone number ,I hoped and trusted .Boy what a screw up !If you get into something like this get a contract.I saw guys yrs later at the trade show that had made purchases, did I get any$$ from the orders, nope.When I talked to the owners at the show and by phone they claimed they didnt know how they got the orders ,did I get commissions on future orders ,cables etc nope.So that was it for my sales job.I sold more stuff for them in future, but I made sure I called in the order.Where I screwed up was leaving the catalogs at plumbing shops for them to call in their order and asked them to tell them(gorlitz) I had been by showing the equip. Back then they only sold direct to plumbers no warehouses anywhere but in santa fe springs calif where they made the equip, I should have let folks see my new stuff, left a number to call me and then took off, my bad all the way.I still use and reccommend gorlitz and no hard feelings to Gerd and his wife, but no more going out of my way to sell .I buy my cables now ,what little I buy, from drain cables inc, used to be service spring. They sell cables and knives and splice cores,gloves, most anything one needs for almost any sewer machine ,spartain general,dura or roto ,my tana ,all of them at good prices and quick shipping ,good cables too. Jerry Mac I really feel for ya bro hope you get back on track.Eddie from alabama

1 - 3 of 3 Posts